Dual Boot machine RDP Problem

I have run into this problem twice already so I am posting to see if anyone
has an answer. We have a couple of dual-boot machines in our small office.
One is for testing software on Win2000 and WinXP (WinXP being the
"secondary" boot). The other is a Development machine where we are
separating VStudio 6 work and VStudio.NET work. I know, Microsoft says that
they operate fine side-by-side but that particular the machine is the one we
use to compile the COM apps and we don't want any problems.

In both cases where Windows XP was loaded on a separate disk drive as the
"secondary" boot OS, I am experiencing problems connecting to the system
with RDP on a NON-STANDARD port (for security).

Let's take the Development machine for example. In that case both boot OSes
are Windows XP Pro with SP2.

The OS on the C: drive has no problem being set to "listen" on a port other
than 3389. Connection will occur from within the LAN and also from the
public internet.

But, when I boot to the second install of XP, I can make a connection on
port 3389 no problem. When I change the listening port in the Registry and
reboot, I can no longer connect (on either 3389 or the newly designated
port).

Does anyone have an answer to this?

I found the problem, and in this case it was a simple fix. On the newer
machine with 2 instances of Windows XP, on the 2nd Boot OS I forgot to
allow the Non-Standard RDP port through the Windows Firewall which was
installed with SP2.

On the older machine I discovered that a reboot of XP was necessary before
the Non-Standard RDP listening port Registry change would take effect.

Oh well.... just another day at the races.