Use Keynote in Final Cut Pro?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Hello,

I'm doing a promotional video for a friend, mostly an 'infomercial'
kind of video. I'd like to use a Keynote presentation as the 'anchor'
for the whole video. In other words, I'd like to create a Keynote
presentation that can run the length of the voice-over, using some of
Keynote's strengths (text bullets, animated charts, etc) and then
cutting/overlaying video with transitions as appropriate.

Creating the Keynote presentation isn't hard. Figuring out how to
export it to QuickTime isn't hard. But what are the right export
settings to get the right size video into FCP? I know about doing
graphics in a program such as Photoshop and then resizing to take
account of the square-pixels issue. But how do you do that for a Keynote
presentation being exported as a QuickTime movie? What are the settings
that would give the best quality for this purpose?

BTW, 1024x768 and 800x600 are available defaults for the Keynote theme
I want to use....

Thanks,

Todd

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I would just export to QuickTime as Full Quality DV, then let Final Cut
Pro deal with the final encoding. No sense in compressing the Keynote
presentation twice, unless space is an issue.