half life brightness

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

Im having a problem with half life. I cant get it bright enough.

Im using an ati all in wonder 128 pro card with the latest drivers for
windows 98.
Opengl works fine but is dark in alot of maps. what is strange is that some
maps are very bright but in buildings it gets very dark.
Ive tried d3d but keeps saying the video mode is unsuported

Assuminmg you've tried putting brightness and gamma up as high as poss in
game, and you've put brightness/contrast up as high as poss on monitor:

The graphics card should have its own brightness/contrast options in the
software that came with it.

This has always been a problem with Geoforce cards and the only satisfactory
solution is to use the software installed from the CD (or download from
geoforce) then go into display settings/colour correction and wack the
brightness up 15%.

Hope this helps.

T.

"Sticks" <veda_sticks@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Im having a problem with half life. I cant get it bright enough.
>
> Im using an ati all in wonder 128 pro card with the latest drivers for
> windows 98.
> Opengl works fine but is dark in alot of maps. what is strange is that
some
> maps are very bright but in buildings it gets very dark.
> Ive tried d3d but keeps saying the video mode is unsuported

sticks

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2002

Cheers bud, dats sorted me problem, used powerstrip before, but it crashed
me games, just using it to control gamma, seems to be fine, counterstrike
nice and bright :)