Sign in with
Your question
Closed

"Ireland's SOPA" to Be Debated Next Week

Last response: in News comments
January 27, 2012 6:47:49 AM

I heard sweden passed ACTA.
January 27, 2012 6:51:16 AM

EMI does not deserve these rights; they WILL abuse them.
I give access to most media sites out there two weeks before they're all blocked.

Looks like the court system in Europe is just as broken and blind as that in the US.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 27, 2012 7:49:50 AM

"Dáil or Seanad (the lower and upper houses of Irish parliament, respectively)"

Youve got it the wrong way around. The Dáil is our upper house, the Seanad is our lower house...
January 27, 2012 8:15:13 AM

Every court system is fucked up. They put things in under the pretense that they know better even if the public vote against it. Good for the irish, a 20min journey across some water to england and they can view youtube again. Poor bastards.
January 27, 2012 10:09:51 AM

I can expect Google and the other anti-sopa supporters will not stay quiet about this one either.
January 27, 2012 10:55:31 AM

wobblesgrogan"Dáil or Seanad (the lower and upper houses of Irish parliament, respectively)"Youve got it the wrong way around. The Dáil is our upper house, the Seanad is our lower house...

Nope, pretty sure I have them right. The dáil is our house of representatives and the seanad is our senate.
January 27, 2012 12:58:30 PM

Should report on this, guys:

Serious shit is happening. Obama is guilty of treason for the 100th time since taking office. Can we please get these assholes out of our government?
January 27, 2012 1:17:31 PM

JMcEntegartNope, pretty sure I have them right. The dáil is our house of representatives and the seanad is our senate.

Whoops... your right!

Dunno what i was thinkin :-)
January 27, 2012 2:10:24 PM

Corporations and governments are so worried about virtual stuff, that they don't see all the extremely urgent real-world problems which KILL hundreds of thousands of PEOPLE!
Take your hands off the Internet and fix the alarmingly increasing poverty instead!
January 27, 2012 2:17:44 PM

poxeniumCorporations and governments are so worried about virtual stuff, that they don't see all the extremely urgent real-world problems which KILL hundreds of thousands of PEOPLE!Take your hands off the Internet and fix the alarmingly increasing poverty instead!

You don't actually believe they are trying to fix problems, do you?
January 27, 2012 4:06:24 PM

rawfulYou don't actually believe they are trying to fix problems, do you?

I just think they should ... Only they know what and why they are doing... but my best guess is that even they don't really know.
January 27, 2012 6:16:47 PM

I agree with you absolutely, they should. However, money > human rights and benefits to all governments and corporations on this planet that I am aware of.
January 28, 2012 9:00:52 AM

oh ffs - u dumb shit governments - this is how it starts! All these people complaining about illegal sites are multi millionaires what more do you want you greedy wankers?! Now you block an entire site because of a few people who download movies? Brain Drain much?
!