S-video to Composite Converter

All the video cards with TV out I have seen lately only have S-video
connectors. Is there a cheap cable that converts S-video to composite
video? My TV doesn't have an S-video input.

Alternatively, is there a reasonably priced AGP video card that has a
composite video out connector? Thanks.

BrianEWilliams <sorry_no_email@yahoo.com> wrote:
> All the video cards with TV out I have seen lately only have S-video
> connectors. Is there a cheap cable that converts S-video to composite
> video? My TV doesn't have an S-video input.

Radio Shack sells an adaptor that does that, for about $10 I think.

Look at the connection though -- are there 4 pin-holes, or more? If there
are more, then there should be a dongle or something to extract a composite
signal directly from the extra pins.

In article <1109251389.481884.302830@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
sorry_no_email@yahoo.com says...
> Subject: S-video to Composite Converter
> From: "BrianEWilliams" <sorry_no_email@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>
> All the video cards with TV out I have seen lately only have S-video
> connectors. Is there a cheap cable that converts S-video to composite
> video? My TV doesn't have an S-video input.
>
> Alternatively, is there a reasonably priced AGP video card that has a
> composite video out connector? Thanks.

A lot of the ATI cards also come with a composite connector but the s-
video to composite adapter is only a few bucks at radio shack.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

BrianEWilliams wrote:

> All the video cards with TV out I have seen lately only have S-video
> connectors. Is there a cheap cable that converts S-video to composite
> video? My TV doesn't have an S-video input.
>
> Alternatively, is there a reasonably priced AGP video card that has a
> composite video out connector? Thanks.

The do make a cable to convert S-video to composite. My new computer
came with one. There was also one included with my Canopus AVDC 100.
You should not have much trouble finding one.

In article <1109284732.924013.211420@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
sorry_no_email@yahoo.com says...
> Subject: Re: S-video to Composite Converter
> From: "BrianEWilliams" <sorry_no_email@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>
> $22
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1238

I think I pair $14 Canadian for the same one, did the US finally put a
300% tarriff on Chinese goods? :)
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

On 2/25/2005, Chris Phillipo managed to type:
> In article <1109284732.924013.211420@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> sorry_no_email@yahoo.com says...
>> Subject: Re: S-video to Composite Converter
>> From: "BrianEWilliams" <sorry_no_email@yahoo.com>
>> Newsgroups: rec.video.desktop
>>
>> $22
>>
>> http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1238
>>

> I think I pair $14 Canadian for the same one, did the US finally put a
> 300% tarriff on Chinese goods? :)

Radio Shack. They used to sell Adapt-a-plugs - to adapt their wall
warts to different size jacks - for $2 US; now they are $5...

Admittedly this is a very small sample of their catalog :)

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
letters617blochg3251

I ended up getting the 128 MB ATI Radeon 9200 Video Card which has both
s-video and composite out. Made more sense than spending $20 on a
cable adapter.

Here is a link to the deal I got from Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/ATI-Radeon-9200-Video-Card-100-436006-/sem/rpsm/oid/73860/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

or

http://tinyurl.com/5hv9t

The one complaint I have about the card is that I don't seem to be able
to use something like Nvidia's "dual view". I temporarily used a 64 MB
eVGA GeForce™ MX 4000 Video Card, which had the dual view feature.
With dual view, I could have a full screen TV picture on my TV and a
windows desktop on my monitor. I returned this card because the TV
video wasn't that great. Maybe that's what you get with dual view, or
maybe I should have tried the 128 MB version, but then I would have to
get the cable adapter since it only has s-video out.

Anyway, thanks for the help on this issue.

A quick update. After posting the above and then reading a recent
thread on this newsgroup, I realized I just had to check a box in the
desktop settings to extend my destop to the TV. I am now happily
watching my PVR software running on my TV while I am typing this
message on my computer monitor. I am one happy camper now.