Accessing Remote Desktop through web page

February 3, 2005 1:25:02 PM

Is it possible to generate a web based client formy remote desktop? So no
matter what computer I used I could type in the URL of my computer's web page
and access my home computer? I seem to recall using a "tsclient" when
Citrix was in charge. Is is possible to duplicate this with Windows XP?

More about : accessing remote desktop web page

Anonymous
February 3, 2005 3:46:13 PM

You need IIS installed and configured for Remote Desktop access on the PC you want to connect to.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284931

You also need to forward TCP Port 80 (IIS) and TCP Port 3389 (RDP) if the PC is behind a
firewall/NAT/router. Call using the public IP of the PC, if directly connected to the internet, or
the firewall/NAT/router.

http://IP_Address/tsweb/

Note that some ISP block TCP Port 80 because running a web server on a home machine violates the
terms of service/usage that you agree to...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"RRiv" <RRiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to generate a web based client formy remote desktop? So no
> matter what computer I used I could type in the URL of my computer's web page
> and access my home computer? I seem to recall using a "tsclient" when
> Citrix was in charge. Is is possible to duplicate this with Windows XP?

Anonymous
March 5, 2005 10:10:07 PM

step by step- and using a different port
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp...

news:o 7pgbCiCFHA.3740@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!