Accessing Remote Desktop through web page

Is it possible to generate a web based client formy remote desktop? So no
matter what computer I used I could type in the URL of my computer's web page
and access my home computer? I seem to recall using a "tsclient" when
Citrix was in charge. Is is possible to duplicate this with Windows XP?
2 answers Last reply
More about accessing remote desktop page

    You need IIS installed and configured for Remote Desktop access on the PC you want to connect to.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284931

    You also need to forward TCP Port 80 (IIS) and TCP Port 3389 (RDP) if the PC is behind a
    firewall/NAT/router. Call using the public IP of the PC, if directly connected to the internet, or
    the firewall/NAT/router.

    http://IP_Address/tsweb/

    Note that some ISP block TCP Port 80 because running a web server on a home machine violates the
    terms of service/usage that you agree to...

    --
    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "RRiv" <RRiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to generate a web based client formy remote desktop? So no
    > matter what computer I used I could type in the URL of my computer's web page
    > and access my home computer? I seem to recall using a "tsclient" when
    > Citrix was in charge. Is is possible to duplicate this with Windows XP?

    step by step- and using a different port
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/northrup_03may16.mspx

    > You need IIS installed and configured for Remote Desktop access on the PC
    > you want to connect to.
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284931
    >
    > You also need to forward TCP Port 80 (IIS) and TCP Port 3389 (RDP) if the
    > PC is behind a firewall/NAT/router. Call using the public IP of the PC, if
    > directly connected to the internet, or the firewall/NAT/router.
    >
    > http://IP_Address/tsweb/
    >
    > Note that some ISP block TCP Port 80 because running a web server on a
    > home machine violates the terms of service/usage that you agree to...
    >
    > --
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >
    > "RRiv" <RRiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to generate a web based client formy remote desktop? So
    >> no
    >> matter what computer I used I could type in the URL of my computer's web
    >> page
    >> and access my home computer? I seem to recall using a "tsclient" when
    >> Citrix was in charge. Is is possible to duplicate this with Windows XP?

Remote Desktop Computers Microsoft Windows XP