Remote Access with out a password

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have asked the question before and I received a solution. Unfortunately
that was some time ago.

I am running Windows XP Home and I want to be able to access my computer
remotely. I do not use a password for this computer.

Can someone tell me how to set this option?

Thanks

To access/control an XP Home machine...

You can use UltraVNC with its encryption plug-in or NetMeeting
Remote Desktop Sharing (built-in to XP Pro and XP Home).

Get the UltraVNC server, client and encryption plug-in from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

VNC firewall information...

http://www.realvnc.com/faq.html#firewall

For help with RDS look at this KB article...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;233175

To start NetMeeting on an XP box go to "Start | Run" and typ­­e conf at the command line... To use
NetMeeting RDS you need to open TCP Port 1503.

In all cases, ie. VNC or RDS, call using the public IP of the firewall/NAT/router...

Logging on without the use of a *STRONG* password is a potential/probable security risk...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have asked the question before and I received a solution. Unfortunately
> that was some time ago.
>
> I am running Windows XP Home and I want to be able to access my computer
> remotely. I do not use a password for this computer.
>
> Can someone tell me how to set this option?
>
> Thanks

TRENDING THREADS