VideoRedo and .vob files - help?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 24, 2005 8:51:28 PM

Hello,

I recently converted an .avi TV show to mpeg2 - to convert it to DVD.
I then tried the .vob files on a player on the computer. I noticed the
audio and video are off. This has been contantly plaguing me.

I think the mpeg2 video was 23.xx fps instead of 29.97 (for NTSC).
Anyhow, the mpeg2 play in sync. But the .vob is off in terms of audio
and video.

Anyway to resync them? I heard videoredo is good fo this. I
downloaded the trial...now, how do I resync them?

Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Tmuld.

More about : videoredo vob files

Anonymous
February 25, 2005 1:04:58 AM

"Tmuld" <tmuldoon@spliced.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I recently converted an .avi TV show to mpeg2 - to convert it to DVD.
> I then tried the .vob files on a player on the computer. I noticed the
> audio and video are off. This has been contantly plaguing me.
>
> I think the mpeg2 video was 23.xx fps instead of 29.97 (for NTSC).
> Anyhow, the mpeg2 play in sync. But the .vob is off in terms of audio
> and video.
>
> Anyway to resync them? I heard videoredo is good fo this. I
> downloaded the trial...now, how do I resync them?
>
> Or is there a better way?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tmuld.

A better way would have been to use VideoReDo on your
..mpg file before you authored the DVD. VideoReDo can
work with most .vob but they give no guarantee. If it is, as
you mention a case of a frame rate difference, then the
problem should gradually increase as the vob plays. To
make your job easier next time you might also try capturing
in smaller clips.

Normally cutting a TV show at the commercials will give
you 5 or 6 clips for an hour show. If after cutting them in
VideoReDo, you are still out of lip-sync, there is under
"Tools" an "Adjust Audio Synchronization" that will let you
make millisecond adjustments plus or minus.

VideoReDo is a handy tool that has sometimes surprised
me with what it can do, but it's not magic. You may need
to find something else, to "convert" your "AVI" ( whatever
it's actual audio&video format) to DVD compliant MPEG.

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 8:04:54 PM

It was the program WinDVD that was causing the trouble.

I used the Mainconcept Encoder - it worked fine!

Thanks for the help!

Tmuld.
!