Application stops respnding

Hello, I try to open a 60-minute mpeg file in pinnacle studio 9, but
during video detection the application hangs. I repeated the process
until the entire clip is detected, but the application fail to display
all the trimmed scenes. What is the possible solution to this problem?

"Pow" <powell.collins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I try to open a 60-minute mpeg file in pinnacle studio 9, but
> during video detection the application hangs. I repeated the process
> until the entire clip is detected, but the application fail to display
> all the trimmed scenes. What is the possible solution to this problem?

Hate to say this but the probable solution is NOT to use any Pinnacle
software. It is problematic.

Pow wrote:
> Hello, I try to open a 60-minute mpeg file in pinnacle studio 9, but
> during video detection the application hangs. I repeated the process
> until the entire clip is detected, but the application fail to
display
> all the trimmed scenes. What is the possible solution to this
problem?

If you brought the mpeg video into Pinnacle Studio 9 and it is only
giving you one large 60 min clip then right click on it and choose
Scene Detection. If I can remember it gives you a choice to create
clips on time/date or content.

Just so you know, Pinnacle Studio will crash alot. Make sure you have
the latest patches for Studio, but that doesn't always help. I firmly
believe that Studio QA only tests installation then lets the users
report problems (i.e. Field Validation).

If you move ahead with Studio then back up your work frequently (don't
trust the auto save). Also, at the end of the day save a copy of the
project with a different name like movie2.stu. A little extra
insurance.

Brett Christlieb