Help with Software Choice(s) Tape to DVD

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 25, 2005 6:51:04 PM

I'm new at the "digital" game (Not in years, though :-) ), and recently
bought a digital camcorder (Sony HC85). My Dell 8300 has a DVD burner (I
think just +RW but I need to check that) and I'm going to copy my
mini-DVs, Hi-8 tapes, and S-VHS tapes onto DVDs. I've been perusing this
group for the last 500 or so messages, Googled, and taken a look at
PCMag. for software to accomplish the transfers at a (very) basic level.

The choices are a bit bewildering. I need recommendations for software
that will allow me to make the transfers and will to copy, at will,
dates, at least at the beginning of each "chapter", and to scroll
backwards and forwards a frame at a time if possible, so that I can take
snapshots occasionally. Your feedback will help me to make a choice, and
so I'd appreciate whatever you folks can offer in the way of advice.
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 6:51:05 PM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Dan Wenz <djwenz@comcast.net> wrote:
>I'm new at the "digital" game (Not in years, though :-) ), and recently
>bought a digital camcorder (Sony HC85). My Dell 8300 has a DVD burner (I
>think just +RW but I need to check that) and I'm going to copy my
>mini-DVs, Hi-8 tapes, and S-VHS tapes onto DVDs. I've been perusing this
>group for the last 500 or so messages, Googled, and taken a look at
>PCMag. for software to accomplish the transfers at a (very) basic level.
>
>The choices are a bit bewildering. I need recommendations for software
>that will allow me to make the transfers and will to copy, at will,
>dates, at least at the beginning of each "chapter", and to scroll
>backwards and forwards a frame at a time if possible, so that I can take
>snapshots occasionally. Your feedback will help me to make a choice, and
>so I'd appreciate whatever you folks can offer in the way of advice.

What I do (YMMV) is on my Video page at the jtsmith link below

There are also software reviews at http://www.videohelp.com/

For an all-in-one solution look at Pinnacle Studio

Or Premiere Elements forum at
target="_blank">HERE</FONT></a> and is a sub-set of Premiere Pro, plus
parts of Encore for DVD writing, not "old" Premiere

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 8:51:58 PM

John Thomas Smith wrote:

> What I do (YMMV) is on my Video page at the jtsmith link below
>
> There are also software reviews at http://www.videohelp.com/

etc.

Thanks, I'll take a look tonight.
!