Help with Software Choice(s) Tape to DVD

I'm new at the "digital" game (Not in years, though :-) ), and recently
bought a digital camcorder (Sony HC85). My Dell 8300 has a DVD burner (I
think just +RW but I need to check that) and I'm going to copy my
mini-DVs, Hi-8 tapes, and S-VHS tapes onto DVDs. I've been perusing this
group for the last 500 or so messages, Googled, and taken a look at
PCMag. for software to accomplish the transfers at a (very) basic level.

The choices are a bit bewildering. I need recommendations for software
that will allow me to make the transfers and will to copy, at will,
dates, at least at the beginning of each "chapter", and to scroll
backwards and forwards a frame at a time if possible, so that I can take
snapshots occasionally. Your feedback will help me to make a choice, and
so I'd appreciate whatever you folks can offer in the way of advice.
2 answers Last reply
More about help software choice tape

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Dan Wenz <djwenz@comcast.net> wrote:
    >I'm new at the "digital" game (Not in years, though :-) ), and recently
    >bought a digital camcorder (Sony HC85). My Dell 8300 has a DVD burner (I
    >think just +RW but I need to check that) and I'm going to copy my
    >mini-DVs, Hi-8 tapes, and S-VHS tapes onto DVDs. I've been perusing this
    >group for the last 500 or so messages, Googled, and taken a look at
    >PCMag. for software to accomplish the transfers at a (very) basic level.
    >
    >The choices are a bit bewildering. I need recommendations for software
    >that will allow me to make the transfers and will to copy, at will,
    >dates, at least at the beginning of each "chapter", and to scroll
    >backwards and forwards a frame at a time if possible, so that I can take
    >snapshots occasionally. Your feedback will help me to make a choice, and
    >so I'd appreciate whatever you folks can offer in the way of advice.

    What I do (YMMV) is on my Video page at the jtsmith link below

    There are also software reviews at http://www.videohelp.com/

    For an all-in-one solution look at Pinnacle Studio

    Or Premiere Elements forum at
    target="_blank">HERE</FONT></a> and is a sub-set of Premiere Pro, plus
    parts of Encore for DVD writing, not "old" Premiere

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    John Thomas Smith wrote:

    > What I do (YMMV) is on my Video page at the jtsmith link below
    >
    > There are also software reviews at http://www.videohelp.com/

    etc.

    Thanks, I'll take a look tonight.

Tuner Cards Software Graphics