help with VLC

hello...Can some one help me how i can change the A/V
offset(syncing) in VLC.

I donno whether i framed the question right..so i m
describing it a bit here.

In one of the avi files i tried to play, the video and
audio are not synchronized. The Audio is lagging behind
by atleast 8-10 secs to the Video. I tried playing it
using xine on FC3...I used the 'm' key to change the A/V
offset. I use VLC for Windows..SO how can i solve this
problem on Windows using VLC.

Thanx ....sasi
2 answers Last reply
More about help

    thanx..a lot Terry.

    Settings ---> Preferences
    Unter 'General Settings' you find Audio at the top, highlight it --->Look to
    the shaded section on the right.

    Find a checkbox in the lower right-hand corner called 'Advanced Options'

    Check it, new options appear

    Find 'Audio desynchronization compensation' and at a distance to its right
    is an input box to put in how many milliseconds(?) you want to delay (using
    negative numbers if you want to go in the other direction)

    Type in a number and click the SAVE button.

    Play your movie and repeat until you get it as you like.

    <vardhansasi@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > hello...Can some one help me how i can change the A/V
    > offset(syncing) in VLC.
    >
    > I donno whether i framed the question right..so i m
    > describing it a bit here.
    >
    > In one of the avi files i tried to play, the video and
    > audio are not synchronized. The Audio is lagging behind
    > by atleast 8-10 secs to the Video. I tried playing it
    > using xine on FC3...I used the 'm' key to change the A/V
    > offset. I use VLC for Windows..SO how can i solve this
    > problem on Windows using VLC.
    >
    > Thanx ....sasi

Tuner Cards VLC Video Graphics