IE hanging on RDC

February 7, 2005 7:15:04 AM

Running Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed and IE 6.0

IE hangs on RDC while loading a Web page. The page appears to load but for
5 to 6 seconds it hangs preventing anyone from interacting with the page,
i.e. scrolling. We've tried flushing the cache without success. Looking for
suggestions on tweaking and tuning IE.

More about : hanging rdc

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:47:21 AM

Stuart Powell wrote:
> Running Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed and IE 6.0
>
> IE hangs on RDC while loading a Web page. The page appears to load
> but for 5 to 6 seconds it hangs preventing anyone from interacting
> with the page, i.e. scrolling. We've tried flushing the cache
> without success. Looking for suggestions on tweaking and tuning IE.

Not sure what you're doing. Are you trying to use Remote Desktop Web
Connection from an XP client to a Windows 2003 server?
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:47:22 AM

We're using RDC and RD Web Connection from XP or any Windows Desktop OS to
connect to a Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed to publish IE, Office and other
applications via Terminal Server. When browsing the Web with IE on Remote
Desktop, IE hangs while loading the page

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> Stuart Powell wrote:
> > Running Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed and IE 6.0
> >
> > IE hangs on RDC while loading a Web page. The page appears to load
> > but for 5 to 6 seconds it hangs preventing anyone from interacting
> > with the page, i.e. scrolling. We've tried flushing the cache
> > without success. Looking for suggestions on tweaking and tuning IE.
>
> Not sure what you're doing. Are you trying to use Remote Desktop Web
> Connection from an XP client to a Windows 2003 server?

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 2:52:07 AM

Stuart Powell wrote:
> We're using RDC and RD Web Connection from XP or any Windows Desktop
> OS to connect to a Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed to publish IE, Office
> and other applications via Terminal Server. When browsing the Web
> with IE on Remote Desktop, IE hangs while loading the page

So you mean, when you have successfully connected to your TS session on the
W2003 server, and launch IE within the session, it hangs?

OK - this isn't an XP issue - the client isn't the issue here. I suggest you
post in m.p.windows.terminal_services & recap your setup as above...

!