IE hanging on RDC

Running Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed and IE 6.0

IE hangs on RDC while loading a Web page. The page appears to load but for
5 to 6 seconds it hangs preventing anyone from interacting with the page,
i.e. scrolling. We've tried flushing the cache without success. Looking for
suggestions on tweaking and tuning IE.
3 answers Last reply
More about hanging

    Stuart Powell wrote:
    > Running Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed and IE 6.0
    >
    > IE hangs on RDC while loading a Web page. The page appears to load
    > but for 5 to 6 seconds it hangs preventing anyone from interacting
    > with the page, i.e. scrolling. We've tried flushing the cache
    > without success. Looking for suggestions on tweaking and tuning IE.

    Not sure what you're doing. Are you trying to use Remote Desktop Web
    Connection from an XP client to a Windows 2003 server?

    We're using RDC and RD Web Connection from XP or any Windows Desktop OS to
    connect to a Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed to publish IE, Office and other
    applications via Terminal Server. When browsing the Web with IE on Remote
    Desktop, IE hangs while loading the page

    Stuart Powell wrote:
    > We're using RDC and RD Web Connection from XP or any Windows Desktop
    > OS to connect to a Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed to publish IE, Office
    > and other applications via Terminal Server. When browsing the Web
    > with IE on Remote Desktop, IE hangs while loading the page

    So you mean, when you have successfully connected to your TS session on the
    W2003 server, and launch IE within the session, it hangs?

    OK - this isn't an XP issue - the client isn't the issue here. I suggest you
    post in m.p.windows.terminal_services & recap your setup as above...

    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
    >
    >> Stuart Powell wrote:
    >>> Running Windows Server 2003 Ent Ed and IE 6.0
    >>>
    >>> IE hangs on RDC while loading a Web page. The page appears to load
    >>> but for 5 to 6 seconds it hangs preventing anyone from interacting
    >>> with the page, i.e. scrolling. We've tried flushing the cache
    >>> without success. Looking for suggestions on tweaking and tuning IE.
    >>
    >> Not sure what you're doing. Are you trying to use Remote Desktop Web
    >> Connection from an XP client to a Windows 2003 server?

Internet Explorer Windows Server 2003 Tweaking And Tuning Windows XP