Burning DVD tragedy with Nero_6

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I had no problem with burning DVD disks on standalone computer.
When I used Architect to create DVD files and burn on my new powerful
laptop it burned not playable disk.
Than I tried to burn the some program on my standalone PC
suddenly it failed as well.
I discovered that when I installed on both computers Nero6 all burning
software which before was working ok now failed.

The message from Nero itself was "DVD-files reallocation failed"

Nero6 ruined both computers and when I was looking for answer I noticed
that an internet is infested with that similar question.

I tried uninstall Nero6 but it didn't help.
Do I need to reformat HD and reinstall all the programs from the
beginning?
Its a nightmare!

Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

When I reloaded al the program from the beginning it does not want to work.

Is it possible that Nero6 damaged firmware in DVD' Roms?

Chris

"chris" <alexzenek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I reloaded al the program from the beginning it does not want to
> work.
>
> Is it possible that Nero6 damaged firmware in DVD' Roms?
>
> Chris

No. In fact, you probably have other software, some shareware or warez,
that are in conflict with Nero. I have been using this program since
version 1 across all versions of Windows, and never have had anything like
the problem you describe.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

After reinstalling windows and software without Nero6 Architect doesn't
want to burn properly..
Is program Nero6 able to damage the firmware in DVD burner.
Both computers now failed!!!

> After reinstalling windows and software without Nero6 Architect doesn't
> want to burn properly..
> Is program Nero6 able to damage the firmware in DVD burner.

Absolutely no.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Alpha wrote:

> "chris" <alexzenek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I reloaded al the program from the beginning it does not want to
> > work.
> >
> > Is it possible that Nero6 damaged firmware in DVD' Roms?
> >
> > Chris
>
> No. In fact, you probably have other software, some shareware or warez,
> that are in conflict with Nero. I have been using this program since
> version 1 across all versions of Windows, and never have had anything like
> the problem you describe.

I reloaded ghoust image with Nero 5 which before was working ok and was
associated with Pioneer DVD burner and now does not want work as well!
The only one reason is that Nero6 damaged the firmware!

If by Architect you mean DVDA version 1 from Sonic Foundry or Sony, it
(DVDA) has a tendency to create non-standard size vobs, which some
burners don't like. DVDA works great on my hp and sony burners,
refuses to work on my pioneer burner.

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:47:01 GMT, chris <alexzenek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I had no problem with burning DVD disks on standalone computer.
>When I used Architect to create DVD files and burn on my new powerful
>laptop it burned not playable disk.
>Than I tried to burn the some program on my standalone PC
>suddenly it failed as well.
>I discovered that when I installed on both computers Nero6 all burning
>software which before was working ok now failed.
>
>The message from Nero itself was "DVD-files reallocation failed"
>
>Nero6 ruined both computers and when I was looking for answer I noticed
>that an internet is infested with that similar question.
>
>I tried uninstall Nero6 but it didn't help.
>Do I need to reformat HD and reinstall all the programs from the
>beginning?
>Its a nightmare!
>
>Chris

I've used DVDA 1 & 2 on Pioneer burners from an AO3 up to an AO8 and haven't
had any problems at all. RecordNow has been my burning software all along
as well.

Mike

video guy wrote:
> If by Architect you mean DVDA version 1 from Sonic Foundry or Sony, it
> (DVDA) has a tendency to create non-standard size vobs, which some
> burners don't like. DVDA works great on my hp and sony burners,
> refuses to work on my pioneer burner.
>
> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:47:01 GMT, chris <alexzenek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I had no problem with burning DVD disks on standalone computer.
>> When I used Architect to create DVD files and burn on my new
>> powerful laptop it burned not playable disk.
>> Than I tried to burn the some program on my standalone PC
>> suddenly it failed as well.
>> I discovered that when I installed on both computers Nero6 all
>> burning software which before was working ok now failed.
>>
>> The message from Nero itself was "DVD-files reallocation failed"
>>
>> Nero6 ruined both computers and when I was looking for answer I
>> noticed that an internet is infested with that similar question.
>>
>> I tried uninstall Nero6 but it didn't help.
>> Do I need to reformat HD and reinstall all the programs from the
>> beginning?
>> Its a nightmare!
>>
>> Chris

But you're burning with Record

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:22:14 -0500, "Mike Kujbida"
<kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I've used DVDA 1 & 2 on Pioneer burners from an AO3 up to an AO8 and haven't
>had any problems at all. RecordNow has been my burning software all along
>as well.
>
>Mike
>

>video guy wrote:
>> If by Architect you mean DVDA version 1 from Sonic Foundry or Sony, it
>> (DVDA) has a tendency to create non-standard size vobs, which some
>> burners don't like. DVDA works great on my hp and sony burners,
>> refuses to work on my pioneer burner.
>>
>> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:47:01 GMT, chris <alexzenek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I had no problem with burning DVD disks on standalone computer.
>>> When I used Architect to create DVD files and burn on my new
>>> powerful laptop it burned not playable disk.
>>> Than I tried to burn the some program on my standalone PC
>>> suddenly it failed as well.
>>> I discovered that when I installed on both computers Nero6 all
>>> burning software which before was working ok now failed.
>>>
>>> The message from Nero itself was "DVD-files reallocation failed"
>>>
>>> Nero6 ruined both computers and when I was looking for answer I
>>> noticed that an internet is infested with that similar question.
>>>
>>> I tried uninstall Nero6 but it didn't help.
>>> Do I need to reformat HD and reinstall all the programs from the
>>> beginning?
>>> Its a nightmare!
>>>
>>> Chris

But you're burning with RecordNow, not DVDA, or did I miss what you
meant.

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:22:14 -0500, "Mike Kujbida"
<kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>I've used DVDA 1 & 2 on Pioneer burners from an AO3 up to an AO8 and haven't
>had any problems at all. RecordNow has been my burning software all along
>as well.
>
>Mike
>

>video guy wrote:
>> If by Architect you mean DVDA version 1 from Sonic Foundry or Sony, it
>> (DVDA) has a tendency to create non-standard size vobs, which some
>> burners don't like. DVDA works great on my hp and sony burners,
>> refuses to work on my pioneer burner.
>>
>> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:47:01 GMT, chris <alexzenek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I had no problem with burning DVD disks on standalone computer.
>>> When I used Architect to create DVD files and burn on my new
>>> powerful laptop it burned not playable disk.
>>> Than I tried to burn the some program on my standalone PC
>>> suddenly it failed as well.
>>> I discovered that when I installed on both computers Nero6 all
>>> burning software which before was working ok now failed.
>>>
>>> The message from Nero itself was "DVD-files reallocation failed"
>>>
>>> Nero6 ruined both computers and when I was looking for answer I
>>> noticed that an internet is infested with that similar question.
>>>
>>> I tried uninstall Nero6 but it didn't help.
>>> Do I need to reformat HD and reinstall all the programs from the
>>> beginning?
>>> Its a nightmare!
>>>
>>> Chris

No you didn't miss anything. I never use DVDA to do my final burn, only to
"prepare" the files. Check the various Vegas/DVDA forums and you'll find
that very few folks use DVDA to do the actual burn. The main reason is that
Sony is painfully slow to release updates as new DVD burners hit the market.
As an example, at work I replaced a Pioneer AO3 with an AO7 and DVDA 1.0
refused to even see it. RecordNow had no issues at all. DVDA 2.0 does see
it but it would be really nice if Sony would update it's burner capabilities
periodically.

As far as Nero 6 is concerned, do a search on the Sony DVDA forum at
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=22 using
"nero 6 DVDA error" as the search topic. You'll see several threads about
this with various workarounds. As I said, I don't use Nero so it doesn't
apply to me. Others may find it useful.

Mike