how to share files (or a folder) with win xp home edition ..

February 8, 2005 1:52:44 AM

I use win home edition and
I'd like to share files in a folder with password (I mean the user have to
know a password to enter in a folder shared in LAN.
But win xp home edition si different from professional edition that let do
that: win xp should not permit that (I think), it is true?
there is another way to do that (share a folder with the LAN but protect
this folder with a pw)?
How ca i do that?
There is a litle program that let that?
There is an ftp serve?
Thank you in advance,
Mario.
February 8, 2005 12:18:32 PM

_mario lat wrote:
> I use win home edition and
> I'd like to share files in a folder with password (I mean the user have to
> know a password to enter in a folder shared in LAN.
> But win xp home edition si different from professional edition that let do
> that: win xp should not permit that (I think), it is true?
> there is another way to do that (share a folder with the LAN but protect
> this folder with a pw)?
> How ca i do that?
> There is a litle program that let that?
> There is an ftp serve?
> Thank you in advance,
> Mario.

in XP Pro and XP Home, passwords are not used to restrict access to
folders (shared or not shared). you must use permissions.
!