DVDlab audio drop

Mac

Hello all,
I have been editing out commercials from VOBs with mpeg2vcr. After renaming
the resulting mpegs to VOB, I join them in DVD-Lab Pro (demo) and demux.
After finishing and compiling, the DVD plays great up until 25 minutes in,
and then the audio just goes dead for the rest of the hour long show. I
have tried every permutation I can think of but nothing helps. I've tried
just importing the files as mpegs and linking, but results are the same. If
I use separate VOBs and just link them (DVD-Lab) the sound doesn't drop out
but is out of sync. I tried using the "skip section" feature but I can't
access the entire clip unless I zoom out to the point where accurate
placement is impossible.
I've been at this for days, and been doing much googling but can't find the
answer. Results are the same for burned DVD in set top player, on computer
with Power DVD, and just playing the compiled files with Power DVD. Also,
tried with a few different projects and the results are always the same.
DVD-Lab seems great but for this one issue.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Mac

Mac

I figured it out. I have to convert the vob to mpeg BEFORE editing out the
commercials. I haven't finished testing but I am confident that this is the
solution.
-Mac