Remote Dsktp monitor error after logoff

tyger

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2005

I'm having a problem with remote desktop on my computer where when I come
back to my computer after having been logged on remotely from another
location and type in my windows password to use it, the monitor goes black
and says it can't recognize the video signal. I am forced to restart the
computer by powering it on and off. Has anyone encountered this problem
before? I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2. Any help appreciated...

You might verify your running the latest video drivers for the machine...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Tyger" <Tyger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem with remote desktop on my computer where when I come
> back to my computer after having been logged on remotely from another
> location and type in my windows password to use it, the monitor goes black
> and says it can't recognize the video signal. I am forced to restart the
> computer by powering it on and off. Has anyone encountered this problem
> before? I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2. Any help appreciated...

i have experienced this issue before.
please see if you have fast user switching enabled or disabled - then try
the opposite...