Connecting PC with a LCD TV

David

I'm thinking buying a LCD TV, but I wonder what to do if I want to
connect my PC to it.
In the features of most cheap models I see they don't have the PC
input. Does this mean I will not be able to connect the PC to it?
Is it correct? Can I bypass the problem in some way if the LCD TV I
buy has not the PC input?
Many thanks for help

David

"David" <sierolib@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm thinking buying a LCD TV, but I wonder what to do if I want to
> connect my PC to it.
> In the features of most cheap models I see they don't have the PC
> input. Does this mean I will not be able to connect the PC to it?
> Is it correct? Can I bypass the problem in some way if the LCD TV I
> buy has not the PC input?
> Many thanks for help
>
> David

Your best bet would be to upgrade your video card on the PC with one that
has S-Video out but you'd need S-Video in on the LCD TV.

Captain Slick wrote:
> "David" <sierolib@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'm thinking buying a LCD TV, but I wonder what to do if I want to
>>connect my PC to it.
>>In the features of most cheap models I see they don't have the PC
>>input. Does this mean I will not be able to connect the PC to it?
>>Is it correct? Can I bypass the problem in some way if the LCD TV I
>>buy has not the PC input?
>>Many thanks for help
>>
>>David
>

> Your best bet would be to upgrade your video card on the PC with one that
> has S-Video out but you'd need S-Video in on the LCD TV.

I would say PC -> S-video -> S-video to AV converter -> AV -> LCDTV ?

On 3/8/2005, Ryan Heuser managed to type:
> Captain Slick wrote:
>> "David" <sierolib@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I'm thinking buying a LCD TV, but I wonder what to do if I want to
>>>connect my PC to it.
>>>In the features of most cheap models I see they don't have the PC
>>>input. Does this mean I will not be able to connect the PC to it?
>>>Is it correct? Can I bypass the problem in some way if the LCD TV I
>>>buy has not the PC input?
>>>Many thanks for help
>>>
>>>David
>>

>> Your best bet would be to upgrade your video card on the PC with one that
>> has S-Video out but you'd need S-Video in on the LCD TV.
>>

> I would say PC -> S-video -> S-video to AV converter -> AV -> LCDTV ?

No, I don't think all that is necessary, as long as the TV has S-Video
in - and most do these days.

PC S-Video Out to TV S-Video In, and PC L/R Audio Out to TV L/R Audio
In, should work fine.

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
letters617blochg3251

ME

>> I'm thinking buying a LCD TV, but I wonder what to do if I want to
>> connect my PC to it.

Why nit just buy a reg PC monitor and get a TV card for
the PC instead?

Why get a dedicated lcd "tv"?