Remote Desktop Browser Access Problem

February 8, 2005 10:45:03 PM

I have 2 XP Computers behind a Linksys router setup for remote desktop
connections. I have UPnP forwarding enabled on my router, with Ext Port 3380
being forwarded to int. port 3389 on comptuer A, and Ext Port 3390 being
forwarded to int. port 3389 on computer B. I have no problem accessing
either computer from the outside using the Remote Desktop Client, specyfing
the port by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3380 or 3390 repectively. I have installed IIS
Remote Desktop Web Connection and World Wide Web Service form the additional
componenets available. I have verified the services are started and running.
Computer A has the Web Site information setup for its internal IP addres, and
port 3380. Computer B has the Web Site information setup for its internal IP
addres, and port 3390. I cannot access either of these machines through the
a web broswer. I do know the correct syntax : http://xx.xx.xx.xxx:3380/tsweb
- however I receive the "page cannot be found" error. Can Anyone
Help??? During testing I noticed that if used Port Range Forwarding and
forwarded port 3390 on computer be to the internal IP address for computer B,
the web browser access would establish a connection, however I never got a
desktop (just a white screen), and the Remote Desktop Client didn't work
(even though I left the UPnP forwarding enabled). Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Is there any way have both the Remote Desktop Client and Remote
Desktiop Web Access work for two XP Professional computers behind a router?
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 12:49:01 AM

try checking this web site out...dont know if will spark an idea of what
might be wrong but its worth a try....
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp...

!