Cannot connect remotely anymore.

Up 'til recently, I have been able to access two different remote Windows
Servers through Remote Desktop off of my Windows XP Home edition with SP1.
Both remote servers are running Windows 2000 Server Version 5.0 (Build 2195:
SP4). Recently, I upgrade my XP Home to Sp2: Version 5.1 (Build
2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158:SP2). Now I can't access one of the remote
servers, although I am confident nothing has changed with either remote
server, or my computer, other than the XP SP2 upgrade.

I have applied an exception to the Windows XP Firewall to open the port for
the Remote Desktop program, and also even tried shutting off the XP Firewall
altogether. Neither of these two tactics worked. I keep getting the
following error message when I try to connect to the one remote server; "The
remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing
protocol."

Note that there are other users that connect to both of the remote servers
without any problems, but they are either using Windows 2000 PRO, or XP Pro.
I can even connect to either remote server using my login and password from
other's computers, but my computer won't even get me to the log-on screen.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Red

Any luck yet? I have the same problem with a little variation. I have a
3 server network. All PC's can log on to all 3 servers via remote
desktop except 1 PC running XP Home. This PC can log on to only 2 of
the servers- the domain server, the database server, but NOT the apps
server.

I get the same error message you get "the remote computer disconnected
the session because of an error in the licensing protocol"

I've had no luck finding an answer.

Derrell

--
Derrell

Derrell,
I've had a number of responses with good ideas, and I've read other threads
with similar problems. No solution has worked yet, and I really am beginning
to believe that SP2 was designed to screw the XP Home user. At this point,
it looks like the only way around this is to upgrade XP Home to XP Pro - it
has to do with the limited licensing protocol with XP Home - I can't explain
it!