Good VHS Player

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 27, 2005 9:51:20 PM

I have some important VHS tapes I want to copy to DV using pass
through. Since some of the tapes are noisy and present tracking issues,
can someone recommend a good VHS deck and a place from where I can
purchase it?

Olushola

More about : good vhs player

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 11:03:11 PM

"olushola" <balagi@starpower.net> wrote in message
>I have some important VHS tapes I want to copy to DV using pass
> through. Since some of the tapes are noisy and present tracking
> issues,
> can someone recommend a good VHS deck and a place from where I can
> purchase it?

If they are that important, it would be cheaper to send them to
someone who already has not only the player, but the TBCs
and video proc amps, etc. (and the experience with them) to
get the most that can be squeezed out of them.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 10:30:38 AM

Thanks Richard and Mike.
I don't want to send them out as the information on the video is
sensitive. I will look into renting a TBC or purchasing the player
recommended by Mike.

Thanks
Olushola
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:52:26 PM

"olushola" <balagi@starpower.net> wrote in message
> I have some important VHS tapes I want to copy to DV using pass
> through. Since some of the tapes are noisy and present tracking issues,
> can someone recommend a good VHS deck and a place from where I can
> purchase it?

I'm using the JVC HR-S6970.
http://www.jvc-me.com/product.asp?item=HR-S6970&catid=4...
A good mid-priced S-VHS unit with an S-Video output. It has an image
stabiliser for jumpy pictures and the B.E.S.T. (Biconditional Equalised
Signal Tracking) Picture System which assesses the condition of the tape and
of the video heads and automatically makes adjustments to optimise recording
and playback picture performance.

I've copied 15 year-old VHS tapes to DVD and the quality is
superb...considering. Google it out for your nearest retailer.

Mike
!