Good VHS Player

I have some important VHS tapes I want to copy to DV using pass
through. Since some of the tapes are noisy and present tracking issues,
can someone recommend a good VHS deck and a place from where I can
purchase it?

Olushola
3 answers Last reply
More about good player

    "olushola" <balagi@starpower.net> wrote in message
    >I have some important VHS tapes I want to copy to DV using pass
    > through. Since some of the tapes are noisy and present tracking
    > issues,
    > can someone recommend a good VHS deck and a place from where I can
    > purchase it?

    If they are that important, it would be cheaper to send them to
    someone who already has not only the player, but the TBCs
    and video proc amps, etc. (and the experience with them) to
    get the most that can be squeezed out of them.

    Thanks Richard and Mike.
    I don't want to send them out as the information on the video is
    sensitive. I will look into renting a TBC or purchasing the player
    recommended by Mike.

    Thanks
    Olushola

    "olushola" <balagi@starpower.net> wrote in message
    > I have some important VHS tapes I want to copy to DV using pass
    > through. Since some of the tapes are noisy and present tracking issues,
    > can someone recommend a good VHS deck and a place from where I can
    > purchase it?

    I'm using the JVC HR-S6970.
    http://www.jvc-me.com/product.asp?item=HR-S6970&catid=48
    A good mid-priced S-VHS unit with an S-Video output. It has an image
    stabiliser for jumpy pictures and the B.E.S.T. (Biconditional Equalised
    Signal Tracking) Picture System which assesses the condition of the tape and
    of the video heads and automatically makes adjustments to optimise recording
    and playback picture performance.

    I've copied 15 year-old VHS tapes to DVD and the quality is
    superb...considering. Google it out for your nearest retailer.

    Mike

Tuner Cards Desktops Video Graphics