Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pinnacle Studio 9

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 2:01:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi, first post on this forum!!

I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems until I
tried to output to a DVD.
It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not through a
normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having never come
across the problem before, I dont really know where to start to find a fix!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks :o )

More about : pinnacle studio

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 10:21:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:01:32 GMT, "greg spalding"
<greg.spalding@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi, first post on this forum!!
>
>I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems until I
>tried to output to a DVD.
>It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not through a
>normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
>I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having never come
>across the problem before, I dont really know where to start to find a fix!!
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks :o )
>
According to Pinnacle, Studio is only NTSC, not PAL.
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doc...(US)/doc/s9_features_specs_7.html&Product_ID=1501&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=
or:
http://tinyurl.com/2abua

Unless there's a PAL version they don't show on their site.
--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 8:28:35 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:01:32 GMT, "greg spalding"
<greg.spalding@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi, first post on this forum!!
>
>I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems until I
>tried to output to a DVD.
>It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not through a
>normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
>I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having never come
>across the problem before, I dont really know where to start to find a fix!!
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks :o )
>


I suspect it has something to do with the DVD Player or the media you
are using. Try burning at a slower speed with your dvd burner. Try a
different media format (i.e. + or-). Make sure you try the burned
media on more than 1 dvd players since some players can be kinda
unpredicable. Good Luck.
Related resources
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 6:00:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I tend to think it maybe the DVD or format. I had Studio 9SE and that was
PAL and now i have Studio 9 plus and that's also PAL.

"Donald Link" <linkd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:er8a21pm7cvte7bm2mi3l6d18ltp27jbg0@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:01:32 GMT, "greg spalding"
> <greg.spalding@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi, first post on this forum!!
>>
>>I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems until I
>>tried to output to a DVD.
>>It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not through a
>>normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
>>I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having never
>>come
>>across the problem before, I dont really know where to start to find a
>>fix!!
>>
>>Can anyone help?
>>
>>Thanks :o )
>>
>
>
> I suspect it has something to do with the DVD Player or the media you
> are using. Try burning at a slower speed with your dvd burner. Try a
> different media format (i.e. + or-). Make sure you try the burned
> media on more than 1 dvd players since some players can be kinda
> unpredicable. Good Luck.
March 2, 2005 6:40:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Big Bill wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:01:32 GMT, "greg spalding"
> <greg.spalding@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, first post on this forum!!
>>
>> I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems
>> until I tried to output to a DVD.
>> It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not
>> through a normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
>> I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having
>> never come across the problem before, I dont really know where to
>> start to find a fix!!
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks :o )
>>
> According to Pinnacle, Studio is only NTSC, not PAL.
> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doc...(US)/doc/s9_features_specs_7.html&Product_ID=1501&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=
> or:
> http://tinyurl.com/2abua

Bill I don't read that link as saying that. I see it as saying only NTSC
VCRs. According to my Studio 8 helpfile there is reference to selecting
either in the setup menu.

J.


>
> Unless there's a PAL version they don't show on their site.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 6:40:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:40:42 -0500, "Jimmy" <JimmyCliff@xemaps.com>
wrote:

>Big Bill wrote:
>> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:01:32 GMT, "greg spalding"
>> <greg.spalding@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, first post on this forum!!
>>>
>>> I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems
>>> until I tried to output to a DVD.
>>> It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not
>>> through a normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
>>> I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having
>>> never come across the problem before, I dont really know where to
>>> start to find a fix!!
>>>
>>> Can anyone help?
>>>
>>> Thanks :o )
>>>
>> According to Pinnacle, Studio is only NTSC, not PAL.
>> http://www.pinnaclesys.com/docloader_n.asp?templ=10&doc...(US)/doc/s9_features_specs_7.html&Product_ID=1501&Langue_ID=7&loc=spec&division_id=
>> or:
>> http://tinyurl.com/2abua
>
> Bill I don't read that link as saying that. I see it as saying only NTSC
>VCRs. According to my Studio 8 helpfile there is reference to selecting
>either in the setup menu.
>
>J.
>
Ah, that's the problem: "If you purchased your Studio product in North
America, the option is permanently set to NTSC."
That may be why: their site I found may be US only. If the OP bought
outside the US, there should be the option to use PAL.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
March 2, 2005 6:42:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

greg spalding wrote:
> Hi, first post on this forum!!
>
> I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems
> until I tried to output to a DVD.
> It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not
> through a normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
> I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having
> never come across the problem before, I dont really know where to
> start to find a fix!!
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks :o )

Post everything you did exactly from start to finish. All your settings and
everything you clicked on.

J.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 10:35:40 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I just tried another DVD burn from Studio 9, and this time it worked fine!
Which is strange considering it would not play at all 3 days ago!
The only thing it wont play on is my old Samsung 709 DVD player, but thats 5
years old now, so its no real suprise!!
"greg spalding" <greg.spalding@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:gpNUd.3798$CQ2.3441@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Hi, first post on this forum!!
>
> I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems until I
> tried to output to a DVD.
> It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not through a
> normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
> I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having never
> come
> across the problem before, I dont really know where to start to find a
> fix!!
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks :o )
>
>
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 1:26:45 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi,
Just picking up from the thread I posted about Studio 9 and burning DVDs.
Not sure if you can help, but if I select "Make Movie" and then render my
project as an AVI or MPEG, it only plays on my PC, which makes sense me!
But if I select "Make Movie" and try to render the project to a DVD, it will
only play on a DVD player, and not on my PC, even though it has a DVD player
and re-writer built in.
I've only just started using the DVD writer.
So far, I have tried several different setting combinations on Studios 9,
including VBR and CBR, different Bit Rates, Burn Speeds, as well as
outputting the project as Video CD and S-VCD.

Cheers!

Greg

"Jimmy" <JimmyCliff@xemaps.com> wrote in message
news:ZLSdnfhKz8m-uLvfRVn-3A@comcast.com...
> greg spalding wrote:
>> Hi, first post on this forum!!
>>
>> I have just upgraded from Studio 8 to 9, and have had no problems
>> until I tried to output to a DVD.
>> It all worked fine, but the DVD will only play on a PC, and not
>> through a normal DVD player, running though a PAL TV.
>> I would imagine its something to do with the encoding, but having
>> never come across the problem before, I dont really know where to
>> start to find a fix!!
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>>
>> Thanks :o )
>
> Post everything you did exactly from start to finish. All your settings
> and everything you clicked on.
>
> J.
>
March 10, 2005 7:26:35 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

greg spalding wrote:
> Hi,
> Just picking up from the thread I posted about Studio 9 and burning
> DVDs. Not sure if you can help, but if I select "Make Movie" and then
> render my project as an AVI or MPEG, it only plays on my PC, which
> makes sense me! But if I select "Make Movie" and try to render the
> project to a DVD, it will only play on a DVD player, and not on my
> PC, even though it has a DVD player and re-writer built in.
> I've only just started using the DVD writer.
> So far, I have tried several different setting combinations on
> Studios 9, including VBR and CBR, different Bit Rates, Burn Speeds,
> as well as outputting the project as Video CD and S-VCD.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Greg
>
Greetings Greg. No direct solution to your problem comes to mind. There are
others that might be wiser to this particular issue. I would say however to
try another application for the rendering process such as can be found here
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html. TMPGEnc and TMPGEnc DVD Author
which I believe have trial periods or a free versions. TMPGEnc will render
while TDVDA will burn. What DVD Burner do you have and what DVD playing
software are you using? Are you also saying that your attempts to author a
VCD is unsuccessful? Are you sure the burner is functioning properly? Have
you burned audio ok recently?

HTH

J.
March 10, 2005 7:32:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

greg spalding wrote:
> Hi,
> Just picking up from the thread I posted about Studio 9 and burning
> DVDs. Not sure if you can help, but if I select "Make Movie" and then
> render my project as an AVI or MPEG, it only plays on my PC, which
> makes sense me! But if I select "Make Movie" and try to render the
> project to a DVD, it will only play on a DVD player, and not on my
> PC, even though it has a DVD player and re-writer built in.
> I've only just started using the DVD writer.
> So far, I have tried several different setting combinations on
> Studios 9, including VBR and CBR, different Bit Rates, Burn Speeds,
> as well as outputting the project as Video CD and S-VCD.
>
> Cheers!
>
I meant to ask what software came with the burner not what software are
you using.

J.
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:40:15 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

The burner didnt come with any software, so I just tried to burn directly
from Studio 9. I also tried Deepburner, but that was about a much use as
tits on a fish.
I have since downloaded Media Player 10, the Studio 9 patch and WinDVD.
By some possible combination of these components, the DVD I created with
Studio 9 now plays on my DVD player, and my PC through both Media Player and
WinDVD.
Seems I have solved it through luck more than judgement, but thanks for all
your help anyway!!!
If I get stuck again, I'll just as Jimmy! :o )
"Jimmy" <JimmyCliff@xemaps.com> wrote in message
news:YMednTENkqSdIK3fRVn-tg@comcast.com...
> greg spalding wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Just picking up from the thread I posted about Studio 9 and burning
>> DVDs. Not sure if you can help, but if I select "Make Movie" and then
>> render my project as an AVI or MPEG, it only plays on my PC, which
>> makes sense me! But if I select "Make Movie" and try to render the
>> project to a DVD, it will only play on a DVD player, and not on my
>> PC, even though it has a DVD player and re-writer built in.
>> I've only just started using the DVD writer.
>> So far, I have tried several different setting combinations on
>> Studios 9, including VBR and CBR, different Bit Rates, Burn Speeds,
>> as well as outputting the project as Video CD and S-VCD.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
> I meant to ask what software came with the burner not what software are
> you using.
>
> J.
>
March 11, 2005 12:40:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

greg spalding wrote:
> The burner didnt come with any software, so I just tried to burn
> directly from Studio 9. I also tried Deepburner, but that was about a
> much use as tits on a fish.
> I have since downloaded Media Player 10, the Studio 9 patch and
> WinDVD. By some possible combination of these components, the DVD I
> created
> with Studio 9 now plays on my DVD player, and my PC through both
> Media Player and WinDVD.
> Seems I have solved it through luck more than judgement, but thanks
> for all your help anyway!!!
> If I get stuck again, I'll just as Jimmy! :o )

I am glad you have everything working now. It might have been a Codec issue
and by installing software that may have included such a Codec the problem
has been solved. That is of course unless I am wrong ;)  As for offering any
real meaningful help I would consider myself on the bottom of the food chain
and on rely on luck and whatever I can learn bit by bit every day. Good luck
with your new endeavor.

J.
!