Remote Assistance fails to load

February 11, 2005 10:59:04 AM

I've read several messages here regarding the failure of RA to run right and
I'm in a similar boat but not just exactly the same. I have tried several
times to help a friend who has asked for RA. Every time I try to go to her
desktop RA pops up a box and says it has failed to load. However, she can
connect to my desktop with no problem. This is the sticker; she tried it with
another friend and he was able to connect to her desktop with no problem, so
it must be something on mine that's fouling it up. We are all running Windows
XP Home Edition with SP2. I am on cable with a SpeedStream router and have
512 MBs of RAM. XP's firewall is turned off and I am running Sygate firewall.
I even turned it off but RA still "failed to load". It doesn't seem that the
firewall or any particular setting is causing the failure since it won't even
load. Who knows?? We have made the attmepts to connect via Windows Messenger.
I hope someone can help. No one at WorldStart could help and I'm as
frustrated as some others here who have had a similar mess. I thank any and
all of you who reply. I'd like you to answer through email if you would
please. My email is:
RKellyJr5327(deletethispart)@suscom.net.
Ron K.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 8:37:02 AM

It seems many people have this problem including me. In my case I have two
XP Pro running computers on the same network. One can respond to
invitations, the other gets the dreaded "...fails to load. Pleas try again"
message! Same happens when peopl on the outside send me invitiations. One
of my computers can connect to them the other gets that frustrating message.

To me, this eliminates the problem being at the senders end, but is
something in my one computer.

None of the posts I have read have answered this issue. Does anyone know
the answer????

"RKelly5327" wrote:

> I've read several messages here regarding the failure of RA to run right and
> I'm in a similar boat but not just exactly the same. I have tried several
> times to help a friend who has asked for RA. Every time I try to go to her
> desktop RA pops up a box and says it has failed to load. However, she can
> connect to my desktop with no problem. This is the sticker; she tried it with
> another friend and he was able to connect to her desktop with no problem, so
> it must be something on mine that's fouling it up. We are all running Windows
> XP Home Edition with SP2. I am on cable with a SpeedStream router and have
> 512 MBs of RAM. XP's firewall is turned off and I am running Sygate firewall.
> I even turned it off but RA still "failed to load". It doesn't seem that the
> firewall or any particular setting is causing the failure since it won't even
> load. Who knows?? We have made the attmepts to connect via Windows Messenger.
> I hope someone can help. No one at WorldStart could help and I'm as
> frustrated as some others here who have had a similar mess. I thank any and
> all of you who reply. I'd like you to answer through email if you would
> please. My email is:
> RKellyJr5327(deletethispart)@suscom.net.
> Ron K.
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 9:11:06 AM

I did a clean install of XP Home and still cannot get Remote Assistance to
run. I have a new message now; "..cannot resolve the host name.." garbage. I
have exhausted the MS email techs and now have an MS tech from INDIA calling
me every day trying to resolve it. Last night he was on the phone with me for
an hour and still could not resolve it. He has called 4 times so far and is
calling again Monday. Unbelievable!
Ron K

!