Controls for PC Equivalent of GTA 3 + Vice City

marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
I was playing GTA 3 on the PS2 at my mates house and he enterted a cheat for flying cars. The thing with the PS2 version is that you can use the analog stick to get them to fly up off the ground. He can then use the cheat to make the car fly upwards when hopping the broken bridge to the other island. I have tried various alternatives but I can't find a way to get the car to take off or land on the PC version once the flying car cheat is entered. The cheat does work as you see other cars in the game all speeding up on bumps and then flying through the air. My question is which buttons do I press/movements on the mouse do I make on the PC version to get the cars to take off and land? Or will I need to buy a game controller with two analogue sticks? (If so which is better, Saitek or Logitech?)

PC Spec: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ running at 1.25ghz, ECS K7S5A Motherboard, 768MB SDRAM PC133, Sparkle nVidia Riva TNT2 M64 32MB AGP Graphics Card, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 6.1, Windows Me

hogfather

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003
As I recall, you can't jump the bridge in the car, because once you're in the air, there's no propulsion. What you need is the tank. Drive forward, pointing the turret to the rear. Lift off and keep firing the turret. Voila!

XP2000, 512 ddr 2700ram, GF4 MX440, XP Pro

Stinkfinger

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2004
You have to have fast car and you will be able to make it. But you need to be straight on with bridge cause once you pick up speed in the car, it starts floating and its hard to control. If im not mistaken you can move the mouse back and it will cause the car to raise. Just like flying the Dodo. Mouse Back=up, mouse forward= down unless you have invert mouse on. A car will make it across, i did. Its tough though.

Confuscious say: He who go to bed with ithcy ass, wake up with stinkyfinger<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Stinkfinger on 04/25/04 06:32 PM.</EM></FONT></P>