Help! need to unformat XD card from Olympus C-765 !!

Just got this camera Olympus C-765, and was happy with it taking
pictures... but accidentaly formatted the XD card ... this stupid
camera does not give you a second prompt before formatting....

I tried using several advertised programs to unformat it , but no luck
so far. I read that XD cards on Olympus and Fuji cameras are
impossible to unformat???

Is there any chance in hell that I can get my pictures back with any
program out there???

thanks for any info,

mike,
4
answers
Last reply
More about help unformat card olympus

    On 7/20/2005 4:09 AM US(ET), Mike took fingers to keys, and typed the
    following:

    >Just got this camera Olympus C-765, and was happy with it taking
    >pictures... but accidentaly formatted the XD card ... this stupid
    >camera does not give you a second prompt before formatting....
    >
    >I tried using several advertised programs to unformat it , but no luck
    >so far. I read that XD cards on Olympus and Fuji cameras are
    >impossible to unformat???
    >
    >Is there any chance in hell that I can get my pictures back with any
    >program out there???
    >
    >thanks for any info,
    >
    >mike,

    There are lots of recovery programs selling for $30, $40 and up. This
    one from Germany is apparently donate ware.
    http://www.pcinspector.de/download.asp?language=1#smart_recovery

    --
    Bill

    Sorry, No chance to get you images back. The Olympus camera blanks the
    memory when the XD card is formatted. I checked an XD card formatted on my
    Olympus C-770 and used winhex utility the dump memory and all I can read
    are 00's and FF's.

    "mike" <user2005@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry, No chance to get you images back. The Olympus camera blanks the
    > memory when the XD card is formatted. I checked an XD card formatted on
    my
    > Olympus C-770 and used winhex utility the dump memory and all I can read
    > are 00's and FF's.
    >

    > "Mike" <saturn97@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Just got this camera Olympus C-765, and was happy with it taking
    > > pictures... but accidentaly formatted the XD card ... this stupid
    > > camera does not give you a second prompt before formatting....
    > >
    > > I tried using several advertised programs to unformat it , but no luck
    > > so far. I read that XD cards on Olympus and Fuji cameras are
    > > impossible to unformat???
    > >
    > > Is there any chance in hell that I can get my pictures back with any
    > > program out there???
    > >
    > > thanks for any info,
    > >
    > > mike,

    Can't you place the XD in a card reader and run the unformat in there we use
    one for reading and it just treats the card as a removable disk
    Derek
  4. This XD card recovery software will surely take your stress and panic out and recover those lost photos, videos and audio files from good, corrupted, formatted XD picture memory card. Merry Xmas.

Cameras Olympus Peripherals