wireless novice need help

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 3, 2004 2:10:04 PM

i have my downstairs desktop connected to broadband through cable modem and
as ive done before have tried to set up a home network to allow my kids to
access the web through this pc.last time all i used was a pci network card in
each pc with a wire to link them.Now ive got wireless network cards and cant
get it working at all even though the hardware is working fine. do ineed a
wireless router.

More about : wireless novice

November 4, 2004 11:34:42 AM

Hi
It should work with two Wireless cards too.
Configure the cards drivers to Ad-Hoc connection.
However, Wireless Cable/DSL Router are very inexpensive these days, using a
Wireless Cable/DSL Router provide much better Network with better control.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

!