wireless novice need help

i have my downstairs desktop connected to broadband through cable modem and
as ive done before have tried to set up a home network to allow my kids to
access the web through this pc.last time all i used was a pci network card in
each pc with a wire to link them.Now ive got wireless network cards and cant
get it working at all even though the hardware is working fine. do ineed a
wireless router.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless novice help

    Hi
    It should work with two Wireless cards too.
    Configure the cards drivers to Ad-Hoc connection.
    However, Wireless Cable/DSL Router are very inexpensive these days, using a
    Wireless Cable/DSL Router provide much better Network with better control.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "wayner123123" <wayner123123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i have my downstairs desktop connected to broadband through cable modem
    and
    > as ive done before have tried to set up a home network to allow my kids to
    > access the web through this pc.last time all i used was a pci network card
    in
    > each pc with a wire to link them.Now ive got wireless network cards and
    cant
    > get it working at all even though the hardware is working fine. do ineed a
    > wireless router.

Wireless Wireless Networking