Error when requesting remote assistance

When I try requesting Remote Assistance from someone, when I click on the
Invite button after entering their email address, it says Remote Assistance
failed, please try again. The box in Cnotrol Panel/Systems are checked to
allow remote control and remote assistance of my computer. Any ideas as to
what's wrong?
thanks

mark

It sounds like maybe one of the two pcs doesn't have a compatible version of
MSN Messenger, that allows for remote assistance.