Closed

Corrupt SD Card...

I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
pictures, has corrupted...
The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about corrupt card

    PCInspector is free and pretty good, if at times a little flaky..

    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

    There is a program avaialable at
    http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

    which works quite well. Give it a go.

    Graham

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:42:36 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
    wrote:

    >I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
    >pictures, has corrupted...
    >The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
    >Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

    Thanks for that Graham, I downloaded and tried your suggestion...
    It took 4 & a half hours to check my SD Card, then told me it found no
    pictures.
    So I guess it's the dumper for it now....D

    "Graham McCann" <gmccann@webone.com.au> wrote in message
    > There is a program avaialable at
    > http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
    >
    > which works quite well. Give it a go.
    >
    > Graham
    >

    > On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:42:36 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
    >>pictures, has corrupted...
    >>The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
    >>Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

    "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote:
    > Thanks for that Graham, I downloaded and tried your suggestion...
    > It took 4 & a half hours to check my SD Card, then told me it found no
    >pictures.
    > So I guess it's the dumper for it now....D

    http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm
    try the card wiper about one screen down the page.

    Now that you are sure there is nothing recoverable on it - may be able
    to get the card into a reuseable status - or not. But it is free to
    try, you have nothing to lose.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Thanks again, I will try this one also...
    I am d/loading the HTTP free version which is 6mb plus at this moment.
    I will let you know what happens, although I don't hold out much
    hope...D

    <chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
    > PCInspector is free and pretty good, if at times a little flaky..
    >
    > http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    OK I tried this, and it came up dry, it found nothing.
    The PC doesn't even recognize the card...

    "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks again, I will try this one also...
    > I am d/loading the HTTP free version which is 6mb plus at this moment.
    > I will let you know what happens, although I don't hold out much
    > hope...D
    >

    > <chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
    >> PCInspector is free and pretty good, if at times a little flaky..
    >>
    >> http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Cameras SD Card Peripherals