Closed

Corrupt SD Card...

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 23, 2005 1:42:36 AM

I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
pictures, has corrupted...
The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

More about : corrupt card

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 12:27:49 PM

There is a program avaialable at
http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

which works quite well. Give it a go.

Graham

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:42:36 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
wrote:

>I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
>pictures, has corrupted...
>The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
>Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

July 23, 2005 9:05:44 PM

Thanks for that Graham, I downloaded and tried your suggestion...
It took 4 & a half hours to check my SD Card, then told me it found no
pictures.
So I guess it's the dumper for it now....D

"Graham McCann" <gmccann@webone.com.au> wrote in message
> There is a program avaialable at
> http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
>
> which works quite well. Give it a go.
>
> Graham
>

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:42:36 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
>>pictures, has corrupted...
>>The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
>>Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

July 23, 2005 9:05:45 PM

"Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that Graham, I downloaded and tried your suggestion...
> It took 4 & a half hours to check my SD Card, then told me it found no
>pictures.
> So I guess it's the dumper for it now....D

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm
try the card wiper about one screen down the page.

Now that you are sure there is nothing recoverable on it - may be able
to get the card into a reuseable status - or not. But it is free to
try, you have nothing to lose.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:17:47 PM

Thanks again, I will try this one also...
I am d/loading the HTTP free version which is 6mb plus at this moment.
I will let you know what happens, although I don't hold out much
hope...D

<chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
> PCInspector is free and pretty good, if at times a little flaky..
>
> http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:41:21 PM

OK I tried this, and it came up dry, it found nothing.
The PC doesn't even recognize the card...

"Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote in message
> Thanks again, I will try this one also...
> I am d/loading the HTTP free version which is 6mb plus at this moment.
> I will let you know what happens, although I don't hold out much
> hope...D
>

> <chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
>> PCInspector is free and pretty good, if at times a little flaky..
>>
>> http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

October 1, 2009 4:04:00 PM

If the memory card is not recognized in the PC or it is impossible to access the data on it, the controller on the card is damaged. There is only one way to get the data back, unsolder memory chips and directly access their raw data with a programable chip reader. Software can't help, that is a physical damage! Have a look at: CF xD SD memory card/stick photo recovery

!