  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 1:42:36 AM

I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
pictures, has corrupted...
The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

More about : corrupt card

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 12:27:49 PM

There is a program avaialable at
http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

which works quite well. Give it a go.

Graham

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:42:36 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
wrote:

>I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
>pictures, has corrupted...
>The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
>Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:05:44 PM

Thanks for that Graham, I downloaded and tried your suggestion...
It took 4 & a half hours to check my SD Card, then told me it found no
pictures.
So I guess it's the dumper for it now....D

"Graham McCann" <gmccann@webone.com.au> wrote in message
> There is a program avaialable at
> http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
>
> which works quite well. Give it a go.
>
> Graham
>

> On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 21:42:36 GMT, "Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I just came back from a trip and discovered one of my SD Cards full of
>>pictures, has corrupted...
>>The Camera wont format it and the Computer can't recognize it...
>>Is there anything can be done , apart from the obvious... thanks.

July 23, 2005 9:05:45 PM

"Yoonome" <Yoonome@Yoonowhere.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that Graham, I downloaded and tried your suggestion...
> It took 4 & a half hours to check my SD Card, then told me it found no
>pictures.
> So I guess it's the dumper for it now....D

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/download.htm
try the card wiper about one screen down the page.

Now that you are sure there is nothing recoverable on it - may be able
to get the card into a reuseable status - or not. But it is free to
try, you have nothing to lose.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:17:47 PM

Thanks again, I will try this one also...
I am d/loading the HTTP free version which is 6mb plus at this moment.
I will let you know what happens, although I don't hold out much
hope...D

<chrlz@go.com> wrote in message
> PCInspector is free and pretty good, if at times a little flaky..
>
> http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Anonymous
July 23, 2005 9:41:21 PM

OK I tried this, and it came up dry, it found nothing.
The PC doesn't even recognize the card...