Rotating video? (Quicktime/WMV)

I have been testing the basic video clip function on my Canon Powershot A80
(it's not much, but I have used it a few times to get clips of dance
routines - you can't really show it in still images), and sometimes I
forget that I can't rotate the frame when shooting as it doesn't convert it
automatically.

I have managed to rotate a 320*280 video (so it plays as 280*320), in
VirtualDub and encode it to mpeg in Tmpegenc, but Quicktime Pro and Windows
Movie Maker won't let me set my own parameters for the output size (or at
least I can't find them.)

Is it possible to rotate video vertically with these two applications, or
should I invest in better video editing software?

Thanks.

--
GIT Groupie : http://gitgroupie.timchuma.com
The Twits Give Me the Shits : http://twitsgivemetheshits.timchuma.com

Tim Chmielewski wrote:

> Is it possible to rotate video vertically with these two
applications, or
> should I invest in better video editing software?

In QuickTime Pro there is a "Size" function. In addition to letting you
change size, it also allows rotate, and flip horizontal or vertical.

Dave

Make life easier and download a copy of premiere pro.

"Tim Chmielewski" <webmaster@timchuma.com> wrote in message
>I have been testing the basic video clip function on my Canon Powershot A80
> (it's not much, but I have used it a few times to get clips of dance
> routines - you can't really show it in still images), and sometimes I
> forget that I can't rotate the frame when shooting as it doesn't convert
> it
> automatically.
>
> I have managed to rotate a 320*280 video (so it plays as 280*320), in
> VirtualDub and encode it to mpeg in Tmpegenc, but Quicktime Pro and
> Windows
> Movie Maker won't let me set my own parameters for the output size (or at
> least I can't find them.)
>
> Is it possible to rotate video vertically with these two applications, or
> should I invest in better video editing software?

Why not resize the clips in VirtualDub?

TRENDING THREADS