Recommendations: OId 8mm films to DV/DVD in NYC?

Hi everybody,
Can anybody suggest a place in NYC that could convert a shoebox full
of old super 8 films to DV?

Ideally, once converted, i'd like to edit and burn these on my mac. I
was planning on get converted to straight to DVD, but have learned that
DV masters would be a better choice (to preserve the quality).

The films are extremely precious, so quality and care are slightly more
important than price. Kooking for a good recommendation of a shop in
NYC that might be able to help.

Thanks!

-CS

I used to work at a TV station and noticed that they did alot of
services for customers besides making commercials. Call a station like
nbc, abc, cbs, or pbs and ask how much a job like that might cost.

cpu newb wrote:

> I used to work at a TV station and noticed that they did alot of
> services for customers besides making commercials. Call a station like
> nbc, abc, cbs, or pbs and ask how much a job like that might cost.

Not in NY, and no results yet, but I sent a load of reels to a fellow in
Arizona who has a web site you might want to take a look at. Half the
load, 7,000' of 8mm, cost $41, insured, via UPS three-day delivery. The
fellow supplies several copies of, in my case, mini-DV "masters", and
DVD's. I'll make DVD's for friends and relatives from the masters. The
second half will be sent after receipt of the first batch is confirmed.
His web site is at http://www.film-to-video.com/ .