Getting to home pc through work Proxy

February 18, 2005 3:12:00 AM

Hi,

I am working in a new office where everytime you goto a web page it makes
you authenticate with the proxy server.

I have reconfigured my home PC to many RDC ports which I know are open at
work including 80.

My problem I think is that when i try to establish the connection its
failing because I presume it is not authenticating with the proxy.

Is there any way to pass my proxy details through the RDC client to enable
me to connect to my home PC from work?

Res

More about : home work proxy

February 18, 2005 3:12:01 AM

Unfortunately, No. RDC will not work through a proxy. If you can
establish a VPN connection you could use RDC that way.
--

"Resonate" <dontspamme@please.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am working in a new office where everytime you goto a web page it makes
> you authenticate with the proxy server.
>
> I have reconfigured my home PC to many RDC ports which I know are open at
> work including 80.
>
> My problem I think is that when i try to establish the connection its
> failing because I presume it is not authenticating with the proxy.
>
> Is there any way to pass my proxy details through the RDC client to enable
> me to connect to my home PC from work?
>
> Res

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 3:21:21 PM

You would need to tunnel the RDP connection through the proxy. A good
product for this is HTTPtunnel or other http tunneling programs...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Network MVP)

Remote Networking Technology FAQ -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com