Lost chapter points TMPGENC MPEG EDITOR to DVD AUTHOR

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2005 4:56:08 PM

I was using TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR for editing video and burning to DVD. I love
the software except for the fact that you cannot cut in mid-frame.

I found out that TMPGENC MPEG EDITOR eliminates this problem, so I was
hoping to use a combination of MPEG EDITOR and DVD AUTHOR to do everything I
need.

The problem is this - the chapter points/key frames created when editing in
MPEG EDITOR do not carry over when I then reopen the file in DVD AUTHOR.
There is an option to "output key frame information" (a matching .keyframe
file is created alongside the .mpg file), but it seemingly does no good.
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 7:21:29 PM

"SmarSquid" <smarsquid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I was using TMPGENC DVD AUTHOR for editing video and burning to DVD. I love
>the software except for the fact that you cannot cut in mid-frame.
>
> I found out that TMPGENC MPEG EDITOR eliminates this problem, so I was
> hoping to use a combination of MPEG EDITOR and DVD AUTHOR to do everything
> I need.
>
> The problem is this - the chapter points/key frames created when editing
> in MPEG EDITOR do not carry over when I then reopen the file in DVD
> AUTHOR. There is an option to "output key frame information" (a matching
> .keyframe file is created alongside the .mpg file), but it seemingly does
> no good.

I'm using VideoReDo until they put a frame accurate "Cut" feature
into TDA. If you cut your MPEG into smaller .mpg files, they will
begin and end at chapter points, automatically in TDA.

Luck;
Ken
!