Bare bones photo editor

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in and
out of the program in a snap?

Really all I want to do is open a photo(s), resize and adjust brightness
and that's about it.

I know most programs will do much more but I want a good basic, no overkill
program.

Thanks!

"Michael" <newszz10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in and
> out of the program in a snap?
>
> Really all I want to do is open a photo(s), resize and adjust brightness
> and that's about it.
>
> I know most programs will do much more but I want a good basic, no
> overkill program.
>
> Thanks!

Check out Irfanview at http://www.irfanview.com/

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 20:54:57 GMT, "VictorDog"
<VictorDog@email.suppressed> wrote:

>Check out Irfanview at http://www.irfanview.com/

A very easy to use photo editor AND, it's freeware though you can
donate to the author and I would encourage you to do so.

deg

deg

Xnview
www.xnview.com
It's very much like Irfanview, but having used both fairly extensively, I
much prefer Xnview.

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8
"Michael" <newszz10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in and
> out of the program in a snap?
>
> Really all I want to do is open a photo(s), resize and adjust brightness
> and that's about it.

"Michael" <newszz10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in and
> out of the program in a snap?
>
> Really all I want to do is open a photo(s), resize and adjust brightness
> and that's about it.
>
> I know most programs will do much more but I want a good basic, no
> overkill program.
>
> Thanks!

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

I like GIMP. It's a free open source competitor to Photoshop. Good for
most platforms (Mac OS X, Unix, Windoze)

http://www.gimp.org

On 07/23/2005 1:29 PM, in article GbSdnXBppaQzNX_fRVn-ig@comcast.com,
"Michael" <newszz10@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in and
> out of the program in a snap?
>
> Really all I want to do is open a photo(s), resize and adjust brightness
> and that's about it.
>
> I know most programs will do much more but I want a good basic, no overkill
> program.
>
> Thanks!

> Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in and
> out of the program in a snap?

I recently downloaded Picasa2 (free photo organizer and editor from Google)
and think it's fabulous.

I've used IrfanView for yrs - mostly for viewing, resize, rotates, etc.: it
is fairly small, allows resizing, rotations, color depth, greyscale,
flipping & much more, about as basic as you will want and is pretty
intuitive and converts between image types: JPG, BMP, many more - look here:
http://www.irfanview.com/
I suspect that 90+% of the readers of this group are using it or have tried
it

hope it helps!!

timM

"tim majoch" <tmajoch@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I've used IrfanView for yrs - mostly for viewing, resize, rotates, etc.:
> it
> is fairly small, allows resizing, rotations, color depth, greyscale,
> flipping & much more, about as basic as you will want and is pretty
> intuitive and converts between image types: JPG, BMP, many more - look
> here:
> http://www.irfanview.com/
> I suspect that 90+% of the readers of this group are using it or have
> tried
> it
>
> hope it helps!!
>
> timM
>
> "Michael" <newszz10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Could anyone suggest a very basic photo editor that will let me get in
>> and
>> out of the program in a snap?
>>
>> Really all I want to do is open a photo(s), resize and adjust brightness
>> and that's about it.
>>
>> I know most programs will do much more but I want a good basic, no
> overkill
>> program.
>>
>> Thanks!

Some people like the free Picasa photo editor from Google.
http://picasa.google.com/index.html

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com