Wireless security settings help

Jim

I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC, when I try to
enable WEP on then the computer with the DWL-G520 won't communicate with the
router. The computer with the wireless NIC is running Win 98SE and the
computer attached to the router by hardwire is Win XP.

I have followed all the instructions but it just won't work. I am trying to
protect the router from others i.e. neighbors from gaining access to my
internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi
May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Jim" <jcmios@n-connect.net> wrote in message
> I have a D-Link DI-624 router and a D-Link DWL-G520 NIC, when I try to
> enable WEP on then the computer with the DWL-G520 won't communicate with
the
> router. The computer with the wireless NIC is running Win 98SE and the
> computer attached to the router by hardwire is Win XP.
>

> I have followed all the instructions but it just won't work. I am trying
> protect the router from others i.e. neighbors from gaining access to my
> internet connection.
>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jim

Make sure that your wep keys match on your client and access point.

Yi