How can I burn DVDs my DVD player will read?

I am having real trouble burning DVDs that my DVD player can read. My
goal is to be able to create DVDs that I can give to friends, so I am
aiming for maximum compatibility. Can you help me?

* I am editing my video in Microsoft Movie Maker 2 (I think this is
irrelevant) then saving it to my my hard drive in DV-AVI format.

* I am then using MyDVD Deluxe Version 6.0 from Sonic to create the
VCD. In MyDVD, I have correctly selected "PAL" (rather than "NTSC")
and I have selected the option that aims for increased compatibility.

* My DVD burner is a Teac DVD+RW DV-W58E.

* I have tried using the following blank discs: DataSafe Media DVD+R
4X and Maxell DVD+R 1-4X.

* The discs will play on my brother's DVD player.

* My DVD player is a Compacks AB 6820, which is compatible with DVD+R
discs, according to the experience of the users of VideoHelp.com. The
users of the forum claim that the player is one of the best avaialable
for compatibility, so I suspect that it's not the player's fault.

I am prepared to change any of these steps. Which do you think I
should change first?

Love,

Squirrel
3
answers
Last reply
More about burn dvds player read

    use DVD-R

    Itchy <info@itchysquirrel.com> wrote in message
    > I am having real trouble burning DVDs that my DVD player can read. My
    > goal is to be able to create DVDs that I can give to friends, so I am
    > aiming for maximum compatibility. Can you help me?
    >
    > * I am editing my video in Microsoft Movie Maker 2 (I think this is
    > irrelevant) then saving it to my my hard drive in DV-AVI format.
    >
    > * I am then using MyDVD Deluxe Version 6.0 from Sonic to create the
    > VCD. In MyDVD, I have correctly selected "PAL" (rather than "NTSC")
    > and I have selected the option that aims for increased compatibility.
    >
    > * My DVD burner is a Teac DVD+RW DV-W58E.
    >
    > * I have tried using the following blank discs: DataSafe Media DVD+R
    > 4X and Maxell DVD+R 1-4X.
    >
    > * The discs will play on my brother's DVD player.
    >
    > * My DVD player is a Compacks AB 6820, which is compatible with DVD+R
    > discs, according to the experience of the users of VideoHelp.com. The
    > users of the forum claim that the player is one of the best avaialable
    > for compatibility, so I suspect that it's not the player's fault.
    >
    > I am prepared to change any of these steps. Which do you think I
    > should change first?
    >
    > Love,
    >
    > Squirrel

    Use dvd-r

    you refer to 'create VCD'.

    With the software I am using this (VCD) is a format specifically for
    burning video on CD media.

    This may just be terminology.

Tuner Cards DVD Players Burner Compatibility Graphics