FCP 4.0 on Virgin Machine...Keyboard disabled!

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

HI There--

Have just installed FCP 4.0 on my new G4 powerbook.

Many of the keyboard shortcuts simply don't work. (Specifically, I want
to jump to the next marker and shift-M or shift up arrow or down arrow
don't work.) I've been into the keyboard shortcuts control panel and
checked the layout. I've reset it twice. I've dragged the command to
the key in the shift position.

Nothing seems to work.

Is there something in the system that's preventing FCP from executing
some keyboard shortcuts? (Some actually work.)

Is there some way to enable the keyboard shortcut mapping? I've
searched google groups and haven't found any answers.

TIA,

Lee

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Hi again...Thought I'd give an update...

Been hunting around to different places on the web and have found the
following suggestions on other forums (forae?), I found that:

- turning exposé off
- trashing FCP preferences
- going into System Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse/ Keyboard Shortcuts
and turning off full keyboard access

don't work.

As I accumulate info, I'll keep posting it here so that someone else
doesn't have to go through this.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a workaround? I'd REALLY
like to use my markers.

TIA

Lee

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

There may be some drivers that need to be installed.

<Webslinger2300@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi again...Thought I'd give an update...

Been hunting around to different places on the web and have found the
following suggestions on other forums (forae?), I found that:

- turning exposé off
- trashing FCP preferences
- going into System Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse/ Keyboard Shortcuts
and turning off full keyboard access

don't work.

As I accumulate info, I'll keep posting it here so that someone else
doesn't have to go through this.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a workaround? I'd REALLY
like to use my markers.

TIA

Lee

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

I sent that last one too quickly without more explanation.

Deleted your prefs and enter all accounts/rules again.

Try this:
http://www.lafcpug.org/tutorials/basic_roll_your_own.html

Viewfinder <brian@jobmass.com> wrote in message
> There may be some drivers that need to be installed.
>
> <Webslinger2300@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi again...Thought I'd give an update...
>
> Been hunting around to different places on the web and have found the
> following suggestions on other forums (forae?), I found that:
>
> - turning exposé off
> - trashing FCP preferences
> - going into System Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse/ Keyboard Shortcuts
> and turning off full keyboard access
>
> don't work.
>
> As I accumulate info, I'll keep posting it here so that someone else
> doesn't have to go through this.
>
> Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a workaround? I'd REALLY
> like to use my markers.
>
> TIA
>
> Lee

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

Hi There--

Was at lafcpug the other day and found that others were having trouble
with getting their G4 powerbooks to enable the keyboard functions.
Couldnt' find anything conclusive.

I'll check out this tutorial when I get back to my machine. Thanks for
the suggestion!

Have a terrific day,

Lee

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video.production (More info?)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:27:07 -0800, Webslinger2300@hotmail.com wrote
(in article <1110252427.249132.261170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>):

> Hi There--
>
> Was at lafcpug the other day and found that others were having trouble
> with getting their G4 powerbooks to enable the keyboard functions.
> Couldnt' find anything conclusive.
>
> I'll check out this tutorial when I get back to my machine. Thanks for
> the suggestion!
>
> Have a terrific day,
>
> Lee

Even though it is a Mac, it still isn't smart enough top figure out that when
you loaded FCP it also meant you wanted the FCP keyboard shortcuts activated.
You have to tell it. It's Apple>menu>system preferences, cl on keyboard and
mouse. Highlight keyboard tab. Check the box in the middle of the pane next
to "Use the F1 - F12 keys for custom actions." Close the system prefs and you
should be good to go.
Craig Scheiner

http://www.usenet.com