Windows 7 feature when clicking an icon or a folder

shobe02

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2011
I am looking for a windows 7 feature that when you click an icon or a folder there will be a checkbox on the icon where in you can check it. so when you want to click many icons, you don't need to press control anymore to click many icons, you'll just check the checkboxes of each icons. i had it once in my sony vaio windows 7, but when i reinstalled the OS, it was gone. I would like to have it again. please Help me. :(

Solution
First, launch Windows Explorer: right-click on the start button, and choose "Open Windows Explorer".
Then, click on the Organize menu, and select "Folder and search options".
Windows 7 will open the Folder Options dialog: click on the "View" tab. (Note that these settings will apply to all folders in Windows Explorer, not just the folder that happens to be opened when you are configuring folder options.)
Scroll all the way to the bottom in the Advanced settings box.
The "Use check boxes to select items" checkbox

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
First, launch Windows Explorer: right-click on the start button, and choose "Open Windows Explorer".
Then, click on the Organize menu, and select "Folder and search options".
Windows 7 will open the Folder Options dialog: click on the "View" tab. (Note that these settings will apply to all folders in Windows Explorer, not just the folder that happens to be opened when you are configuring folder options.)
Scroll all the way to the bottom in the Advanced settings box.
The "Use check boxes to select items" checkbox

Solution

TRENDING THREADS