Puzzeled by Print Screen from Mpeg

I'm watching an mpeg video of my son and I pause it at a very humorous part,
hit Print Screen, paste it into Paint and there it is. I save it, but later
when I open it, it's blank. What's up with that? Several attempts later
lead me to believe that as soon as the source video is closed, the image is
gone. Workaround to this?

"Nottoman" <nottoman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm watching an mpeg video of my son and I pause it at a very humorous
> part,
> hit Print Screen, paste it into Paint and there it is. I save it, but
> later
> when I open it, it's blank. What's up with that? Several attempts later
> lead me to believe that as soon as the source video is closed, the image
> is
> gone. Workaround to this?

I find that it's best to use the capture feature of the player
you are using. I watch MPEG files in PowerDVD most of
the time, but most other DVD/media players have a capture
feature. I take three captures, the frame before and the one
after, I try to use a "P" frame when I can.

If you have VideoReDo handy that does a good frame
capture too.

Luck;
Ken