Question Concerning JVC Digital Video Camera

Hello. I see that this group is about Digital Cam's, hoping though someone
might have an answer to a couple of questions on a digital video cam. The
local sears has a JVC GRDF 430 1.3 Megapixel DV Cam on closeout. The reason
its on closeout is because they dont have anything but the camera, they cant
find the rest of it like cables, battery, software, instruction manual etc.
So far this is what I know.

1. The camera price is 100 dollars.
2. I can download the instructions for free from JVC America website.
3. Battery prices and chargers and cables seem to vary greatly in price, it
might cost anywhere between 60 and 100 dollars to get the batt and charger.
4. I can probably use a Walmart or Radio Shack remote control for 10 or 12
dollars.
5. I dont know about the software but my guess is it is probably some sort
of freeware version of digital photo software so I can probably use software
I already have.
6. I have seen the camera priced new with everything from 369.00 (Tiger
Direct) to 549.00 (Sears) and various prices in between.

Based on the above information, would you buy this camera? Also any opinions
on the GRDF 430?

Thanks to all in advance
More about question digital video camera

    "Jeff" <none@none.com> wrote in message
    > Hello. I see that this group is about Digital Cam's, hoping though someone
    > might have an answer to a couple of questions on a digital video cam. The
    > local sears has a JVC GRDF 430 1.3 Megapixel DV Cam on closeout. The
    reason
    > its on closeout is because they dont have anything but the camera, they
    cant
    > find the rest of it like cables, battery, software, instruction manual
    etc.
    > So far this is what I know.
    >
    > 1. The camera price is 100 dollars.
    > 2. I can download the instructions for free from JVC America website.
    > 3. Battery prices and chargers and cables seem to vary greatly in price,
    it
    > might cost anywhere between 60 and 100 dollars to get the batt and
    charger.
    > 4. I can probably use a Walmart or Radio Shack remote control for 10 or 12
    > dollars.
    > 5. I dont know about the software but my guess is it is probably some sort
    > of freeware version of digital photo software so I can probably use
    software
    > I already have.
    > 6. I have seen the camera priced new with everything from 369.00 (Tiger
    > Direct) to 549.00 (Sears) and various prices in between.
    >
    > Based on the above information, would you buy this camera? Also any
    opinions
    > on the GRDF 430?
    >
    > Thanks to all in advance

    In my opinion, NO I would not buy the camera. Too much is missing.

    If the store can not find all the parts, it would probably cost as much to
    get the replacement parts as buying a new camera with all the parts and
    software.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Cameras JVC Digital Video Peripherals Product