Video output always looks like 25fps...

I was wondering if anybody can help me with this, since I can't seem to find
an answer to it anywhere online (or maybe it's just me... lol).

I have 2 capture cards (one BT848 based, the other BT878 based). The same
thing happens on both cards, and i'm wondering if it's normal. In about 90%
of the applications I use to view TV or external video from these cards, the
output to my montior, and to a television hooked to the TV out on a video
card, always looks like 25fps. The same goes when recording video to an AVI
or MPEG2 file. The resulting output looks always look like 25fps film,
despite me setting everything to NTSC or 30fps (once again, even on a
Television hooked into the video card). Now, on DScaler and BeyondTV, the
output of the cards look like real 29.27fps NTSC video, on both a monitor
and on a television, but I can't ever get these programs to record video to
a file without high frame loss.

I was thinking at first that it had something to do with deinterlacing.
Where the "film look" was from the video being interlaced, and the "video
look" was from de-interlaced video. However as I look through different web
pages, I think I am incorrect about this.

My question is, is this just how the BT8x8 cards are, and should I upgrade?
Or am I missing something? I'm getting ready to dump alot of VHS material
onto DVDs and VCDs, and I want the video to actually look like video, and
film to look like film, instead of everything looking like film. I hope I
made sense.

For my desktop i'm using:
MSI Neo2-V board
Intel Celeron D 2.4Ghz
512MB DDR RAM
GeForce 4 MX440, 64MB Video RAM
TView 99 (CPH-060), BT848 based

For my HTPC i'm using:
MSI KT4AV-L
AMD Sempron 2200+
256MB DDR RAM
GeForce 2 MX420, 32MB Video RAM
STB2 BT878 based TV Tuner Card

Thanks in advance...

Stephen

Stephen Hyde wrote:
> I have 2 capture cards (one BT848 based, the other BT878 based). The same
> thing happens on both cards, and i'm wondering if it's normal. In about 90%
> of the applications I use to view TV or external video from these cards, the
> output to my montior, and to a television hooked to the TV out on a video
> card, always looks like 25fps. The same goes when recording video to an AVI
> or MPEG2 file. The resulting output looks always look like 25fps film,
> despite me setting everything to NTSC or 30fps (once again, even on a

What do you mean it "Looks like 25fps" ?
It either is, or it isn't.

Open it up in VirtualDub or Gspot to find out what it is.

--
-WD

What you actually mean by "looks like 25fps" is meaningless to the readers
of your post. Just what is it you are trying to say?