Offer Remote Assistance - Access Disabled

February 23, 2005 12:37:07 PM

Hello,

When I try to offer assistance to a machine in our Domain, I get "Access to
the requested resource has been disabled by your administrator".

I have enabled the Solicate Assistance in the GP, made sure the service is
running. I am in the local administrators group.

I have looked for this message everywhere, but haven't been able to find a
solution.

Has anyone seen this?? Thanks!
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 11:29:33 PM

You might want to take a look here:

http://www.petri.co.il/enable_remote_assistance_offerin...

I haven't tested this, but it sounds as if you have to enable
"Offer Remote Assistance" in your Domain GP.

--
Nepatsfan
"Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I try to offer assistance to a machine in our Domain, I
> get "Access to
> the requested resource has been disabled by your
> administrator".
>
> I have enabled the Solicate Assistance in the GP, made sure the
> service is
> running. I am in the local administrators group.
>
> I have looked for this message everywhere, but haven't been
> able to find a
> solution.
>
> Has anyone seen this?? Thanks!
Anonymous