Offer Remote Assistance - Access Disabled

Hello,

When I try to offer assistance to a machine in our Domain, I get "Access to
the requested resource has been disabled by your administrator".

I have enabled the Solicate Assistance in the GP, made sure the service is
running. I am in the local administrators group.

I have looked for this message everywhere, but haven't been able to find a
solution.

Has anyone seen this?? Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about offer remote assistance access disabled

    You might want to take a look here:

    http://www.petri.co.il/enable_remote_assistance_offering_in_xp_2003.htm#top

    I haven't tested this, but it sounds as if you have to enable
    "Offer Remote Assistance" in your Domain GP.

    --
    Nepatsfan
    "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > When I try to offer assistance to a machine in our Domain, I
    > get "Access to
    > the requested resource has been disabled by your
    > administrator".
    >
    > I have enabled the Solicate Assistance in the GP, made sure the
    > service is
    > running. I am in the local administrators group.
    >
    > I have looked for this message everywhere, but haven't been
    > able to find a
    > solution.
    >
    > Has anyone seen this?? Thanks!

    Yep.. You need that one... :)
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Network MVP)

    Remote Networking Technology FAQ -
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    My Networking Blog: http://www.networkblog.net
    MS Network Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
    MS Home Networking Community -
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:29:33 -0500, "Nepatsfan"
    <nepatsfan@SBXXXVIII.com> wrote:

    >You might want to take a look here:
    >
    >http://www.petri.co.il/enable_remote_assistance_offering_in_xp_2003.htm#top
    >
    >I haven't tested this, but it sounds as if you have to enable
    >"Offer Remote Assistance" in your Domain GP.

Domain Microsoft Windows XP