Looking for external hard drive to store moovies over the ..

Guys:

I am looking for external HDD USB connected to hook it to PC to store
some of the moovies, where can I get this external HDD?. Also anybody
have any idea what is the price range?. Appreciated. Also can I get the
Roputer-cum-switch with USB ports, so that I can connect this external
HDD to Router and I can access this HDD from anywhere, let me know
where can I get it. thanks in advance.

<santa19992000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Guys:
>
> I am looking for external HDD USB connected to hook it to PC to store
> some of the moovies, where can I get this external HDD?. Also anybody
> have any idea what is the price range?. Appreciated. Also can I get the
> Roputer-cum-switch with USB ports, so that I can connect this external
> HDD to Router and I can access this HDD from anywhere, let me know
> where can I get it. thanks in advance.

How about www.newegg.com ? You can also get NAS (Network Attached Server)
storage and it will be available anywhere on your net.

Look at
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=22-156-005&depa=0

Captain,

What is this NAS, this is like a server machine on N/W, can be access
from anywhere right?. Even If I work at client location, I have a N/W
connection at client location,. can I access this like a server?. How
it differs from External HDD connected to Router through USB?. Is NAS
had more advantages than External HDD?. Thanks in advance.

> Captain,
>
> What is this NAS, this is like a server machine on N/W, can be access
> from anywhere right?. Even If I work at client location, I have a N/W
> connection at client location,. can I access this like a server?. How
> it differs from External HDD connected to Router through USB?. Is NAS
> had more advantages than External HDD?. Thanks in advance.

Yes, NAS is a server on your network that only does file sharing. You can
connect to it with any client.

I do not know of any simple routers with USB ports that support drives.

NAS would have significantly slower file transfers than a firewire or USB
2.0 attached external drive.

An external HDD can be shared over the network and accessible from any
client on your network.

The real advantage of NAS is that it's an inexpensive way to share files
that is not dependent on someone's workstation for support (and doesn't
disappear when that workstation crashes or is inadvertently shutdown). It
also doesn't take up a user's workstation resources.