cheap USB capture card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 8, 2005 1:42:23 PM

Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to capture
320x240 size signal data.

More about : cheap usb capture card

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 6:52:15 PM

"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
> Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to capture
> 320x240 size signal data.

Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 6:52:16 PM

"Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:p SjXd.63664$W16.13401@trndny07...

> "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
>> Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to
>> capture
>> 320x240 size signal data.
>
> Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...

That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?
March 8, 2005 7:18:26 PM

> "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:p SjXd.63664$W16.13401@trndny07...
>>
>> "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
>>> Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to
>>> capture
>>> 320x240 size signal data.
>>
>> Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>
> That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
> Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?

I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
otherwise be. Can someone help?
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 7:18:27 PM

On 3/8/2005, Captain Slick managed to type:
> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:p SjXd.63664$W16.13401@trndny07...
>>>
>>> "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
>>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>>
>> That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
>> Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?
>>

> I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
> otherwise be. Can someone help?

I never heard of anything called a USB capture card.

I've heard of USB cards, I've heard of capture devices (A to D) that
connect via USB, and of course there's IEEE-1394.

Perhaps the OP will tell us a bit more about what he intends to use as
a source and how he plans to capture...

Gino

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
letters617blochg3251

"C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
> http://www.meritline.com/ads-usb-instant-tv-usbav-704-v...
> http://tinyurl.com/v5og
>
> Something like one of those?
>
> C.
>

> "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
>> otherwise be. Can someone help?

I'm not trying to nitpick but the OP said "card".
March 8, 2005 8:34:52 PM

Captain Slick wrote:
> "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
>
>>"Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>news:p SjXd.63664$W16.13401@trndny07...
>>
>>>"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message

>>>Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
>>>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
>>
>>That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
>>Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?
>>

> I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
> otherwise be. Can someone help?

Something like an USB2 TV Tuner. But I would spend more to get a PCI ATI
Theater 500 Pro. Sorry, I can't comment on any of the USB2 devices and
you must understand that you need USB TWO for decent quality.
March 8, 2005 9:48:16 PM

"Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote:

>"C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.meritline.com/ads-usb-instant-tv-usbav-704-v...
>> http://tinyurl.com/v5og
>>
>> Something like one of those?
>>
>> C.
>>

>> "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
>>> otherwise be. Can someone help?
>>

>I'm not trying to nitpick but the OP said "card".

Oh sorry. What I meant was USB device not card. It's for a laptop with USB 2
connection. I'm looking at a couple of Hauppauge USB devices. I don't need the TV
addition software and thought I could get a cheaper device.
!