cheap USB capture card?

Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to capture
320x240 size signal data.
8 answers Last reply
More about cheap capture card

    "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
    > Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to capture
    > 320x240 size signal data.

    Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-801&depa=1

    "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message

    > "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
    >> Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to
    >> capture
    >> 320x240 size signal data.
    >
    > Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
    > http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-801&depa=1

    That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
    Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?

    > "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
    >>> Can you recommend (well sorta) a cheap USB capture card. I need to
    >>> capture
    >>> 320x240 size signal data.
    >>
    >> Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
    >> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-801&depa=1
    >
    > That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
    > Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?

    I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
    otherwise be. Can someone help?

    http://www.meritline.com/ads-usb-instant-tv-usbav-704-video-capture.html
    http://tinyurl.com/v5og

    Something like one of those?

    C.

    > I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
    > otherwise be. Can someone help?

    On 3/8/2005, Captain Slick managed to type:
    > "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
    >>> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-801&depa=1
    >>
    >> That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
    >> Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?
    >>

    > I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
    > otherwise be. Can someone help?

    I never heard of anything called a USB capture card.

    I've heard of USB cards, I've heard of capture devices (A to D) that
    connect via USB, and of course there's IEEE-1394.

    Perhaps the OP will tell us a bit more about what he intends to use as
    a source and how he plans to capture...

    Gino

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino)
    letters617blochg3251

    "C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
    > http://www.meritline.com/ads-usb-instant-tv-usbav-704-video-capture.html
    > http://tinyurl.com/v5og
    >
    > Something like one of those?
    >
    > C.
    >

    > "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
    >> otherwise be. Can someone help?

    I'm not trying to nitpick but the OP said "card".

    Captain Slick wrote:
    > "Richard Crowley" <rcrowley7@xprt.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message

    >>>Here's the cheapest I'd feel comfortable buying
    >>>http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-801&depa=1
    >>
    >>That link takes me to a product that is a simple USB I/O card.
    >>Isn't "123" looking for a video capture device?
    >>

    > I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
    > otherwise be. Can someone help?

    Something like an USB2 TV Tuner. But I would spend more to get a PCI ATI
    Theater 500 Pro. Sorry, I can't comment on any of the USB2 devices and
    you must understand that you need USB TWO for decent quality.

    "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote:

    >"C.J.Patten" <cjpatten@KNOWSPAMrogers.com> wrote in message
    >> http://www.meritline.com/ads-usb-instant-tv-usbav-704-video-capture.html
    >> http://tinyurl.com/v5og
    >>
    >> Something like one of those?
    >>
    >> C.
    >>

    >> "Captain Slick" <CaptainSlick@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> I may be incorrect here but I can't imagine what a USB capture card could
    >>> otherwise be. Can someone help?
    >>

    >I'm not trying to nitpick but the OP said "card".

    Oh sorry. What I meant was USB device not card. It's for a laptop with USB 2
    connection. I'm looking at a couple of Hauppauge USB devices. I don't need the TV
    addition software and thought I could get a cheaper device.

Tuner Cards Desktops Video USB Graphics