Windows PC Anywhere equivalent

February 24, 2005 4:35:03 AM

IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
for my TennisClub.

Mark
--
Struggling along

More about : windows equivalent

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 7:03:39 PM

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:35:03 -0800, TennisBox
<TennisBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
>then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
>machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
>Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
>for my TennisClub.
>
>Mark

Look at Laplink www.laplink.com
If you are a old timer, don't let the old name confuse you, it does
more than just move files <G> to your Laptop.

SU
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 7:03:40 PM

Hi Steve, thanks for your tip. If i can't get the basic windows functionality
work your suggestion seems better then PC anywhere. And as i am an oldtimer
on Laplink i might get a rebate :-)

But my goal is to hev my problem resolved without purchasing additional
tools because i chose XP Professional as the complete package that can
(could) do ity all.

Thanks anyway,

Mark
"Steve Urbach" wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:35:03 -0800, TennisBox
> <TennisBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
> >then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
> >machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
> >Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
> >for my TennisClub.
> >
> >Mark
>
> Look at Laplink www.laplink.com
> If you are a old timer, don't let the old name confuse you, it does
> more than just move files <G> to your Laptop.
>
> SU
> , _
> , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
> , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
> , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
> , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

February 28, 2005 4:33:01 AM

We managed to get a VPN connection over DIALUP finally. ISDN to analogue was
the problem. Both analogue to analogue and ISDN to ISDN worked out okay.

This makes out solutions a little more complex to implement by our customers
but it is better than purchansing PC Anywhere.

And microsoft should have been able to give good documentation to this
subject!!!

"TennisBox" wrote:

> Hi Steve, thanks for your tip. If i can't get the basic windows functionality
> work your suggestion seems better then PC anywhere. And as i am an oldtimer
> on Laplink i might get a rebate :-)
>
> But my goal is to hev my problem resolved without purchasing additional
> tools because i chose XP Professional as the complete package that can
> (could) do ity all.
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> Mark
> "Steve Urbach" wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:35:03 -0800, TennisBox
> > <TennisBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
> > >then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
> > >machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
> > >Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
> > >for my TennisClub.
> > >
> > >Mark
> >
> > Look at Laplink www.laplink.com
> > If you are a old timer, don't let the old name confuse you, it does
> > more than just move files <G> to your Laptop.
> >
> > SU
> > , _
> > , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
> > , | )erek No JUNK in my email please