Windows PC Anywhere equivalent

IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
for my TennisClub.

Mark
--
Struggling along
4 answers Last reply

    On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:35:03 -0800, TennisBox
    <TennisBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
    >then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
    >machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
    >Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
    >for my TennisClub.
    >
    >Mark

    Look at Laplink www.laplink.com
    If you are a old timer, don't let the old name confuse you, it does
    more than just move files <G> to your Laptop.

    SU
    , _
    , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    Hi Steve, thanks for your tip. If i can't get the basic windows functionality
    work your suggestion seems better then PC anywhere. And as i am an oldtimer
    on Laplink i might get a rebate :-)

    But my goal is to hev my problem resolved without purchasing additional
    tools because i chose XP Professional as the complete package that can
    (could) do ity all.

    Thanks anyway,

    Mark
    "Steve Urbach" wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:35:03 -0800, TennisBox
    > <TennisBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
    > >then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
    > >machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
    > >Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
    > >for my TennisClub.
    > >
    > >Mark
    >
    > Look at Laplink www.laplink.com
    > If you are a old timer, don't let the old name confuse you, it does
    > more than just move files <G> to your Laptop.
    >
    > SU
    > , _
    > , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    > , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    > , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    > , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    We managed to get a VPN connection over DIALUP finally. ISDN to analogue was
    the problem. Both analogue to analogue and ISDN to ISDN worked out okay.

    This makes out solutions a little more complex to implement by our customers
    but it is better than purchansing PC Anywhere.

    And microsoft should have been able to give good documentation to this
    subject!!!

    "TennisBox" wrote:

    > Hi Steve, thanks for your tip. If i can't get the basic windows functionality
    > work your suggestion seems better then PC anywhere. And as i am an oldtimer
    > on Laplink i might get a rebate :-)
    >
    > But my goal is to hev my problem resolved without purchasing additional
    > tools because i chose XP Professional as the complete package that can
    > (could) do ity all.
    >
    > Thanks anyway,
    >
    > Mark
    > "Steve Urbach" wrote:
    >
    > > On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:35:03 -0800, TennisBox
    > > <TennisBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > >IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via dialup. And
    > > >then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the remote
    > > >machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
    > > >Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote support
    > > >for my TennisClub.
    > > >
    > > >Mark
    > >
    > > Look at Laplink www.laplink.com
    > > If you are a old timer, don't let the old name confuse you, it does
    > > more than just move files <G> to your Laptop.
    > >
    > > SU
    > > , _
    > > , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    > > , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    > > , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    > > , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    I find "pmg connect" works brilliantly (www.pmgconnect.com). It's very
    new and still free so give it a go.

    TennisBox wrote:
    > IS there anyone that managed to connect two XP Pro machines via
    dialup. And
    > then used Remote Desktop or VNC, or, even better, had acces to the
    remote
    > machine as if it is in the LAN (VPN?).
    > Please help out as i am struggling along and want to enable remote
    support
    > for my TennisClub.
    >
    > Mark
    > --