vob editor recomendations

Is there a software package out there that will allow you to easily cut
bits of a movie out of the vob, or alter the program chain to skip over
some parts of the movie? I have some movies I would like to improve
'Phantom Edit' style.
2 answers Last reply
More about editor recomendations

    Really kinda difficult, but not impossible. There can be multiple
    audio/sub streams.

    DVD Shrink will do some of this. Go to reauthor mode, and select
    start/stop for different parts.

    I have had problems with these though. Audio is there but some
    authoring programs, such as TmpgEnc Author, sometimes can't seem to
    find it. ???

    Better to edit in mpeg and reauthor, imho.

    I like Video Redo and Mpg-Vcr for mpeg editing. Both will read vob's
    and convert to mpeg, with a single audio track. Mpg-Vcr will transcode
    the AC-3 audio back to mpa, or leave in AC-3 which is find also.

    I love my "Hard Day's Night" DVD. Would have liked to have seen a
    track with all of the songs from the film. They didn't provide it. I
    made one. Fair use.

    Cheers,

    On 8 Mar 2005 18:13:02 -0800, "Paul" <helo2u@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Is there a software package out there that will allow you to easily cut
    >bits of a movie out of the vob, or alter the program chain to skip over
    >some parts of the movie? I have some movies I would like to improve
    >'Phantom Edit' style.

    There is a program called: VOBEdit, from the same author, I believe,
    as IFOEdit. Try it if you please.

Tuner Cards Movies Desktops Video Software Graphics