vob editor recomendations

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 8, 2005 9:13:02 PM

Is there a software package out there that will allow you to easily cut
bits of a movie out of the vob, or alter the program chain to skip over
some parts of the movie? I have some movies I would like to improve
'Phantom Edit' style.
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 11:45:54 PM

Really kinda difficult, but not impossible. There can be multiple
audio/sub streams.

DVD Shrink will do some of this. Go to reauthor mode, and select
start/stop for different parts.

I have had problems with these though. Audio is there but some
authoring programs, such as TmpgEnc Author, sometimes can't seem to
find it. ???

Better to edit in mpeg and reauthor, imho.

I like Video Redo and Mpg-Vcr for mpeg editing. Both will read vob's
and convert to mpeg, with a single audio track. Mpg-Vcr will transcode
the AC-3 audio back to mpa, or leave in AC-3 which is find also.

I love my "Hard Day's Night" DVD. Would have liked to have seen a
track with all of the songs from the film. They didn't provide it. I
made one. Fair use.

Cheers,
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:02:42 PM

On 8 Mar 2005 18:13:02 -0800, "Paul" <helo2u@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Is there a software package out there that will allow you to easily cut
>bits of a movie out of the vob, or alter the program chain to skip over
>some parts of the movie? I have some movies I would like to improve
>'Phantom Edit' style.

There is a program called: VOBEdit, from the same author, I believe,
as IFOEdit. Try it if you please.
!