VPN not an option at logon

At the time you log on to a 2003 SBS (or server) from an external location you
have the option to pick "dial up connection". How do I change being prompted
form a modem dial up to the VPN connection option that I configured?
I tried to diable the modem, but that did not work.

Thanks in advance.

There it is – VPN connection setup needs to be allowed for all users.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;231426

"Volker Ackermann" wrote:

> At the time you log on to a 2003 SBS (or server) from an external location you
> have the option to pick "dial up connection". How do I change being prompted
> form a modem dial up to the VPN connection option that I configured?
> I tried to diable the modem, but that did not work.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Select Properties on the VPN connection. At the bottom of the first
tab, you can deselect the "Dial another connection first" option...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Network MVP)

Remote Networking Technology FAQ -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com