Pocket PC documents in original format

May 30, 2004 2:29:06 PM

I'm looking for a software that allows me to see and work on my PDA
files in their original format (Word, Excel).
Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance.
Dirk
May 30, 2004 8:00:16 PM

Try Spread CE for excel...if you want a freebee located here
http://www.byedesign.freeserve.co.uk/
Or
Textmaker http://www.softmaker.de/tmp_en.htm and Planmaker
http://www.softmaker.de/pm_en.htm located here are options for excel and
word....by the way Textmaker is the only option for word.

"Dirk" <dirkffm@web.de> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a software that allows me to see and work on my PDA
> files in their original format (Word, Excel).
> Any ideas?
> Many thanks in advance.
> Dirk
Anonymous
May 30, 2004 11:13:57 PM

"Dirk" <dirkffm@web.de> schreef in bericht
> I'm looking for a software that allows me to see and work on my PDA
> files in their original format (Word, Excel).
> Any ideas?
> Many thanks in advance.
> Dirk

I've just copied an excel sheet to my pocket.
Thsi works and I also can copie it back to my pc
May 31, 2004 2:22:19 PM

The way you phrased that it sounds like you are wanting to work on PPC
files, .psw and .pxl on your desktop. Is that correct?
Word on the desktop does seem to be able to open .psw files, and allows you
to edit them and save them back as .psw files. I did a save, not a save as,
so that it would assume I wanted it to remain a .psw. I tried this by
placing a Pocket Word doc on a CF card and transferring that card to a PC
and working with the files by passing AS. In each direction it indicates it
is using the a file converter, and provides a warning. I am using Word
2003, but I believe 2002 at least had that same capability. It seemed to be
activated by installing AS on a machine, and therefore the file converters.

Unfortunately the same process did not work on excel files. The desktop did
not recognize the .pxl, and excel did not open the file when I suggested
that as the application to use. Not sure why the filter didn't get activated
as in Word.

Beyond that I don't know of a way to use the Pocket files on the desktop.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Dirk" <dirkffm@web.de> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a software that allows me to see and work on my PDA
> files in their original format (Word, Excel).
> Any ideas?
> Many thanks in advance.
> Dirk
Anonymous
May 31, 2004 10:27:41 PM

Try ClearVue, it's a viewer for office files, but isn't free

To avoid the conversion of word and excel documents in the pocket pc, you
must go to activesync / tools / options / rules / conversion settings (it's
a translation of my spanish activesync)

in the from pc to pda (the last one) change the setting from word and excel
and let it without conversion.

By this way you can copy a word document in the pda and recover it, but you
can't view it in the pda without the proper software

!