Microphone and RDP

February 27, 2005 6:07:03 PM

Is there a way to redirect the Microphone connected to my Local Machine
to the Remote Server (WinXP/Windows Server 2003), when using Remote
Desktop.
Bcoz my application which requires Microphone will be running on the
terminal server (win server 2003) and all users will be accessing the
application after logging into the terminal server using remote
desktop. I know that I can redirect the sound from terminal server to
the local machine. But will the users be able to use their microphones
in their local machines?

Thanks in advance.

-Vishiy.

More about : microphone rdp

April 10, 2009 12:11:56 PM

Quote:

Is there a way to redirect the Microphone connected to my Local Machine
to the Remote Server (WinXP/Windows Server 2003), when using Remote
Desktop.
Bcoz my application which requires Microphone will be running on the
terminal server (win server 2003) and all users will be accessing the
application after logging into the terminal server using remote
desktop. I know that I can redirect the sound from terminal server to
the local machine. But will the users be able to use their microphones
in their local machines?

Thanks in advance.

-Vishiy.

My name is Alex Webster, I'm Products Manager at FabulaTech.

Yes, there is a way to redirect a microphone in RDP session.

I'd like to offer you our product - Sound over RDP.

Many applications use sound for various forms of feedback such as softphones, Skype, NetMeeting, AIM, ICQ and many others.

Sound over RDP extends standard RDP functionality and delivers full high-resolution low-latency remote audio playback.

How does it work?

The program is really simple to handle. You just need a working sound device, install the Workstation on the computer to

which the device is physically connected and the Server side on the remote server from which you need to access your

device. That's all.

Program Features:

* Support for input sound devices such as microphones
* Multichannel mixer
* Low-latency
* Works with Windows Remote Desktop Connection client
* Virtual Machine compatible

The program meets the best balance of the needs of a common user more than any other similar solutions available:

simplicity, functionality, reliability and cost. No choppy sounds or cut-outs.

You can download the trial version here:

http://fabulatech.com/sound-over-rdp-download.html

Also we have a lot of different USB and serial solutions for network and RDP.

Please visit our web-site http://fabulatech.com/ to find the proper one.

Anonymous
April 10, 2009 12:29:47 PM

Spammer!
Related resources
June 24, 2009 12:03:10 PM

Hi, I just checked your web site. Due to the fact that you are FabulaTech's competitor your words about Fabula software are not to be taken seriously ;)
Our software works just fine. Everybody is welcome to test it :)
July 21, 2012 5:44:54 AM

Alex_Webster said:
Hi, I just checked your web site. Due to the fact that you are FabulaTech's competitor your words about Fabula software are not to be taken seriously ;)
Our software works just fine. Everybody is welcome to test it :)

I have just tried FabulaTechs microphone over RDP. Win 7 64 bit host and Win 7 32 bit virtual. I could see the microphone in the VM and attempted to configure it.

However neither a mic on a sound card or USB headset showed any level of audio coming in. So could not run speach recognition. Also lost the sound out from the VM to the host.

Bottom line is that it didn't work.
!