DVD cropping of my video question.

Does someone know why this happens?
I render my DVD video's as MPEG2 NTSC 4:3 but when I look at the
properties later it always says 16:9, My TV is a standard square NTSC.

More important,
I have some cropping of my video when I play them on the standard TV.
On the PC however, The MPEG2 file shows no cropping.

Any advice?
Thanks,
crzzy1

This is the file that I have burned to DVD.
File Path: C:\Video\DVD project\DVD-Out\video2.mpg
File Size: 1.28GB bytes
Total Duration: 0;43;57;09
Average Data Rate: 512.74KB per second
Image Size: 720 x 480
Pixel Depth: 0 bits
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.900
Frame Rate: 29.97 fps

<cozzmo1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Does someone know why this happens?
> I render my DVD video's as MPEG2 NTSC 4:3 but when I look at the
> properties later it always says 16:9, My TV is a standard square NTSC.

It's a settings issue in your software. What are you using?

> More important,
> I have some cropping of my video when I play them on the standard TV.
> On the PC however, The MPEG2 file shows no cropping.

All televisions, except true monitors, overscan slightly -- some more than
others. What you're seeing is normal. If you're editing video, your editor
should have a provision for turning on "title safe" and "video safe" frames
which allow for overscan.

> Any advice?
> Thanks,
> crzzy1
>
> This is the file that I have burned to DVD.
> File Path: C:\Video\DVD project\DVD-Out\video2.mpg
> File Size: 1.28GB bytes
> Total Duration: 0;43;57;09
> Average Data Rate: 512.74KB per second
> Image Size: 720 x 480
> Pixel Depth: 0 bits
> Pixel Aspect Ratio: 0.900
> Frame Rate: 29.97 fps

Thank you for that,
Yes I see that "title safe" box now, and had no idea.
It was my scrolling credits where I noticed the problem.

I still don't know why my "avicodec" always says my 4:3 videos are
always 16:9.

crzzy1

TRENDING THREADS