No audio for Boston Neighborhood Network TV web video.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2005 12:17:46 AM

a.
How would they fix the audio for the Boston Neighborhood Network TV
videos?... at
http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp

The audio did not work ! It's compressed by using a codec that is not
supported !

b.
Why use a codec that's not supported?...
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 4:23:29 PM

On 10 Mar 2005 21:17:46 -0800, dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:

>a.
>How would they fix the audio for the Boston Neighborhood Network TV
>videos?... at
>http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp
>
>The audio did not work ! It's compressed by using a codec that is not
>supported !
>
>b.
>Why use a codec that's not supported?...

The clips seem to be working on my end. Are you sure the
problem isn't that you don't have the proper codecs installed?

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!
March 15, 2005 12:38:16 AM

On 14 Mar 2005 15:12:48 -0800, dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:

>Thank you Neil Nadelman !
>
>How do you do it?...

What operating system are you running? In particular, if you
are running Windows, what version of Windows Media Player are you
using? I suspect those files are Windows Media 9 files and you may be
running an older version of Media Player without the proper codecs
installed. If that's the case, you just need to go to Microsoft's web
site and update Media Player.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 4:07:14 AM

OS X 10.3.8
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 11:04:00 PM

On 15 Mar 2005 01:07:14 -0800, dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:

>OS X 10.3.8

Okay, then I suggest you go to Microsoft's web site and find
the latest version of Windows Media Player for Mac OS X and then
install it.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:32:14 AM

The error popup "This file may not play correctly because it was
compressed by using a codec that is not supported" occurred in the
Windows Media Player for Mac OS X the tiny video looked okay but no
audio for the links at http://www.visual-voice.com/BN N/serieslist.asp
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:44:11 AM

-Here's the correct link for the question.

The error popup "This file may not play correctly because it was
compressed by using a codec that is not supported" occurred in the
Windows Media Player for Mac OS X the tiny video looked okay but no
audio for the links at http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:46:59 AM

-Here's the corrected link for the question.

!