No audio for Boston Neighborhood Network TV web video.

a.
How would they fix the audio for the Boston Neighborhood Network TV
videos?... at
http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp

The audio did not work ! It's compressed by using a codec that is not
supported !

b.
Why use a codec that's not supported?...
8 answers Last reply
More about audio boston neighborhood network video

    On 10 Mar 2005 21:17:46 -0800, dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:

    >a.
    >How would they fix the audio for the Boston Neighborhood Network TV
    >videos?... at
    >http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp
    >
    >The audio did not work ! It's compressed by using a codec that is not
    >supported !
    >
    >b.
    >Why use a codec that's not supported?...

    The clips seem to be working on my end. Are you sure the
    problem isn't that you don't have the proper codecs installed?

    Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    I have no fears in life,
    for I have already survived Theta-G!

    Thank you Neil Nadelman !

    How do you do it?...

    It is not something I know how to do, but I see the definitions at
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codec
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/c/codec.html

    On 14 Mar 2005 15:12:48 -0800, dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:

    >Thank you Neil Nadelman !
    >
    >How do you do it?...

    What operating system are you running? In particular, if you
    are running Windows, what version of Windows Media Player are you
    using? I suspect those files are Windows Media 9 files and you may be
    running an older version of Media Player without the proper codecs
    installed. If that's the case, you just need to go to Microsoft's web
    site and update Media Player.

    Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    I have no fears in life,
    for I have already survived Theta-G!

    OS X 10.3.8

    On 15 Mar 2005 01:07:14 -0800, dsaklad@zurich.csail.mit.edu wrote:

    >OS X 10.3.8

    Okay, then I suggest you go to Microsoft's web site and find
    the latest version of Windows Media Player for Mac OS X and then
    install it.

    Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    I have no fears in life,
    for I have already survived Theta-G!

    The error popup "This file may not play correctly because it was
    compressed by using a codec that is not supported" occurred in the
    Windows Media Player for Mac OS X the tiny video looked okay but no
    audio for the links at http://www.visual-voice.com/BN N/serieslist.asp

    -Here's the correct link for the question.

    The error popup "This file may not play correctly because it was
    compressed by using a codec that is not supported" occurred in the
    Windows Media Player for Mac OS X the tiny video looked okay but no
    audio for the links at http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp

    -Here's the corrected link for the question.

    The error popup "This file may not play correctly because it was
    compressed by using a codec that is not supported" occurred in the
    Windows Media Player for Mac OS X
    the tiny video looked okay but no audio for the links at
    http://www.visual-voice.com/BNN/serieslist.asp

Tuner Cards TV Desktops Codec Video Audio Graphics