Is there any tool to normalize volume levels of MPGs?

I was looking for a tool that would let me batch process MPG files to
normalize the volume levels. But I wouldn't object to doing it manually
either. Can you suggest such a tool?

On a sunny day (Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:34:27 -0800) it happened "WDS"
<wdsnews.0505@oregoncity.com> wrote in <1133i4jk7ssc4fe@corp.supernews.com>:

>I was looking for a tool that would let me batch process MPG files to
>normalize the volume levels. But I wouldn't object to doing it manually
>either. Can you suggest such a tool?
If you mean mp3 and not mpg then there exists mp3gain for MSwindows.
Do a websearch

Go to http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/ and download MP3gain. It's
free and will do what you are looking for (the only thing it does do is
to normalize).

Ken

"WDS" <wdsnews.0505@oregoncity.com> writes:

> I was looking for a tool that would let me batch process MPG files to
> normalize the volume levels. But I wouldn't object to doing it manually
> either. Can you suggest such a tool?

One such tool that is capable of many other things as well is
foobar2000

Google it for url.

danr

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2003

Goldwave has batch capabilities but off hand don't know about normalizing in
batch mode.

WDS wrote:
> I was looking for a tool that would let me batch process MPG files to
> normalize the volume levels. But I wouldn't object to doing it manually
> either. Can you suggest such a tool?

Did the OP not say "MPG" and >NOT< "MP3" ?????

"Kenneth J. Harris" <kharris@suffolk.lib.ny.us> wrote in message
> Go to http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/ and download MP3gain. It's
> free and will do what you are looking for (the only thing it does do is
> to normalize).
>
> Ken
>
> WDS wrote:
> > I was looking for a tool that would let me batch process MPG files to
> > normalize the volume levels. But I wouldn't object to doing it manually
> > either. Can you suggest such a tool?

OOOPs! So he did.